Pallet Forks

/ Pallet Forks #1  

oozie10

Tractor
Yanmar 324
Hello

Anybody using the Yanmar PFQ100 forks? How is the quality? How they holding up?

/ Pallet Forks #2  
I went with an aftermarket that has 5,000 pound forks for my YT359. The PFQ100 look like they are only rated for 1,200. I like the peace of mind knowing the forks can hold more than the tractor can lift.....

/ Pallet Forks #3  
On another tractor I went with a too heavy duty set of forks etc. Disliked it as I lost too much lifting capacity because of the extra beefiness weight of forks.

/ Pallet Forks #4  
The YT359 handles mine just fine, no problem maneuvering it and has picked up everything I have asked it to. All good. Smaller lift capacity would need to be considered though; your point is taken.

/ Pallet Forks
The Yanmars are a bit pricey. If they are a ok forks I will consider them. I can retro fit aftermarket forks to use the Yanmar quick attach.

/ Pallet Forks #6  
I got the Earth & Turf forks which are designed for the Yanmar 210 loader (which is on the SA324/424). They were recommended by someone on the forum, and they are working great for me. They're fairly light and the forks are shorter than some, but the capacity is high enough and I wouldn't want anything bigger or heavier. They are cheaper than the Yanmar forks, but not as cheap as the low priced skid-steer QA forks on the market. The Yanmar QA system is pretty easy to use, and it was a big relief when the pins slid perfectly into the holes on the bracket of the Earth and Turf system...if they didn't jig and weld them just right, it could be a pain. It may take them a few weeks to deliver if they don't have any made up and waiting to ship.

/ Pallet Forks #7  
When did you purchase the E&T forks? I was curious about their forks, as they have a really light set for my tractor, but would never hear back when I inquired about them.

/ Pallet Forks #8  
I ordered mine in August but did not get them for 3-4 weeks, as they had to make them. Maybe try John Bentley at johnb@earthandturf.com. He was pretty responsive for me.

/ Pallet Forks
I ended up purchasing the Yanmar PFQ100 forks. They seem heavy duty. I will see shortly as I have to pick a hot tub up about 5 foot

/ Pallet Forks #10  
It will be lighter with the water out of it, lol.