Pallets in fields

/ Pallets in fields #81  
I think its either a drain marker (but we don't see any drains), a trail marker for where he wants a snowmobile trail to be marked once it snows, or a distance marker for some sort of project. Or its minimalist art project.

Your not throwing in with the "hayist's faction huh?":laughing:

/ Pallets in fields #83  
I think its either a drain marker ........

The progress of science is slowed at times by those who offer "crackpot" theories. Serious scientists must take time from their inquires to debunk this quackery. Fortunately, the proffered theory can be dispatched with little effort.

Does the so-called "theorist" deny that water flows downhill? If not, how does he explain the presence of a drain atop the hill in this photo from post #26?

hill.png

The "Drain Theory" can now be relegated to the scrapheap of theories that don't hold water.;)

Steve

Last edited:
   / Pallets in fields #84  
The "hayist's are not to be trusted, as they are known to spread gossip about inventing a thing called 'The Internet".

/ Pallets in fields #85  
Now we are getting FACTS !!! Thank you Steve !!

/ Pallets in fields #86  
Well looks like the Hayist's and the Drainist's have both bit the dust. Where do we stand on the alien thing?

/ Pallets in fields #87  
Well looks like the Hayist's and the Drainist's have both bit the dust. Where do we stand on the alien thing?

I am still mulling that over. I am flummoxed by one issue -- if we assume that aliens have a superior intelligence, why would they want to land in New Jersey? ;)

Steve

/ Pallets in fields #88  
I am still mulling that over. I am flummoxed by one issue -- if we assume that aliens have a superior intelligence, why would they want to land in New Jersey? ;)

Steve

Good point, Maybe the like Fat Leaders? Remember that Twilight Zone sketch "To Serve Man" or like the Beach.

/ Pallets in fields #89  

Upon reflection, a variant of the "Alien Theory" would say that the "inverted V" patterns are being used by aliens to indicate "no land" zones and/or by preppers to prevent alien landings.

I have come up with a way to test the "Alien Theory" variants. In its simplest form, we would test whether the number of UFO sightings is "explained" by the number of "inverted-V" pallet formations. Our null hypothesis would be that the marginal effect of pallet formations on UFO sightings = 0. Failure to reject the null would put at least one nail in the coffin of the "Alien Theory." A statistically-significant positive marginal effect would lend support to the idea that the pallet formations serve as landing beacons for aliens. A statistically-significant negative marginal effect would lend support to the idea that the pallet formations discourage landings.

We do have data on UFO sightings by state, but we lack data on the number of pallet formations by state.* We should write our Representatives and Senators to demand that the federal government collect and report data on the number of pallet formations on all of our private and public lands.

Steve

* Of course, we would have to adjust for land area, population density, season of the year, etc.

EDIT: Scratch this idea. UFO sightings and the pallet formations may be jointly determined and we would face simultaneity issues.

Last edited:
   / Pallets in fields #90