Palm nailer which one?

/ Palm nailer which one? #1  

Dwellonroof

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3046r
As stated but I want to use for pole barn spikes then whatever project that comes along.

/ Palm nailer which one? #2  
Be careful selecting one that's big enough to accommodate the big head on some pole barn spikes.
After years of destruction of my shoulders I recently dug out my old palm nailer after driving a dozen spikes...the way I used to (with a 28oz framing hammer) , I had to sort through the nails to find those that fit in the nailer.
If you can find them, Maize makes great screw shank spikes.

/ Palm nailer which one? #3  
My palm nailer sure saved my bacon! I had to sister up a bunch of almost hundred year old studs in the 50’ long boathouse, and the nails would just bend after they got through the new pressure treated lumber and into the old stud. The reason was that the existing studs were ridiculously old and hard as a rock. Then I got the palm nailer and the nail would go through both studs in less than a second. ( Used 3” common nails.)An amazing tool!

/ Palm nailer which one? #4  
My palm nailer works with standard head nails, but spikes wouldn’t fit.

/ Palm nailer which one? #5  
I love my Ridgid palm nailer but it wouldn't work for big spikes. I use timberlok screws for the big stuff and love them.

/ Palm nailer which one?
I’m thinking I like the Senco full size model after doing some research.

/ Palm nailer which one? #7  
I used a Harbor Freight palm nailer for my pole barn spikes. Had to take a Dremel and enlarge the palm nailer hole so the spike heads would fit. 10 minutes with a grinder bit and it drive spikes like a champ. I paid $15 for the nailer, so I had little to lose! First time using a palm nailer, and boy do I love that thing. Also works great on hurricane straps. Each strap takes 10 nails, and I had 56 straps to put on the barn. I also used it for the hangers for the shed roof where the 2x10 rafters attach to the header. I went out and bought a second for $15 so I have a backup.

/ Palm nailer which one? #8  
I used a Harbor Freight palm nailer for my pole barn spikes. Had to take a Dremel and enlarge the palm nailer hole so the spike heads would fit. 10 minutes with a grinder bit and it drive spikes like a champ. I paid $15 for the nailer, so I had little to lose! First time using a palm nailer, and boy do I love that thing. Also works great on hurricane straps. Each strap takes 10 nails, and I had 56 straps to put on the barn. I also used it for the hangers for the shed roof where the 2x10 rafters attach to the header. I went out and bought a second for $15 so I have a backup.
They make nail guns for Simpson ties and straps. After using one of them, I threw away those small nails

/ Palm nailer which one?
I purchased the Senco , it drives the pole barn spikes right out of the box with no adapter or modifications.
I had a $25 Amazon discount so it made it more affordable.