Chipper PAPAC wood chipper?

/ PAPAC wood chipper? #1  

speedfreakracing

Tractor
1983 White Iseki 2-35 Field boss
Hi everyone,
I recently found an old PAPAC chipper for sale near me. The owner said he used it to chip trees 4-5" in diameter and said it worked good. Everything I can find online shows these were used for forage such as corn. Can these be used to chip trees and would you consider them to be better than the three point chippers on the market today? Its complete and has a small metal feed chute. It doesn't come with any of the other attachments for corn. Its rusty from sitting outside but works. He's asking $600 for it which I thought was reasonable but I could be wrong. I plan to use it behind my White 2-35 field boss to help clear trees for my pasture. They are invasive garbage trees (3-4" in diameter on average). I'm hoping it would work ok for that. Thanks for your input in advance.

/ PAPAC wood chipper? #2  
Cutting forage (i.e. corn stalks) and 3-4" trees are not the same thing. I would not even try it.

Edit: After re-reading your post I see that he did use it for chipping trees. But in that case l don't understand why he'd chip corn stalks with it, especially if they're green. I searched for the chipper and came up with this:
grid-660-series-wood-chipper-jp.jpg

This appears to be similar to a Vemeer chipper and if it works, have him demo it, I'd think it would be a good deal. Be sure you can get parts for it.

/ PAPAC wood chipper?
Cutting forage (i.e. corn stalks) and 3-4" trees are not the same thing. I would not even try it.

Edit: After re-reading your post I see that he did use it for chipping trees. But in that case l don't understand why he'd chip corn stalks with it, especially if they're green. I searched for the chipper and came up with this:
View attachment 625761

This appears to be similar to a Vemeer chipper and if it works, have him demo it, I'd think it would be a good deal. Be sure you can get parts for it.

I've attached a picture of the chipper. It looks similar to the commercial Vemeer chipper but PTO powered. I think it would work. chipper.jpg

/ PAPAC wood chipper? #4  
That looks like an old flywheel style Papec silage chopper that some one converted. No clue on how well it would chop trees

/ PAPAC wood chipper? #6  
Quite a few of the old direct cut and throw choppers where used as wood chippers when they got retired from corn harvesting.
They made a lot of noise chipping wood, I could see it handling 2" easily maybe 3" but I think that would be stretching it.
And definitely soft green wood not dry hardwoods.