Parking Brake Alarm?

/ Parking Brake Alarm? #21  
A buzzer would drive me nuts. Like when I engage brakes while chipping branches. Who wants an alarm buzzing for 30 minutes. Light is a better idea.
I have them on 2 tractors and both are disconnected.....especially since one beeps every time you put the tranny in reverse. I watch the dash for the P symbol automatically, any time I move a tractor that has a dash light. Others without, are standard trannys and tractor won't move if brake is engaged.

/ Parking Brake Alarm? #22  
My issue is remembering to raise the 3PL (with the chipper attached) before moving off! And remembering to lower it again when I reach the next spot with a pile of prunings to chip. Lowering it is not a biggie, as I have the external handle, so don't need to climb back up into the cab.

But when moving off, the tractor has the power to just easily drag the chipper across the ground without me even noticing it.

I've tried to get into a "mind" routine when getting back up into the tractor - rev down, PTO off, 3PL up, brake off, check gear, shuttle forward. It generally works, but occasionally not. :mad:

/ Parking Brake Alarm? #23  
I,m having a hard time understanding why this problem exists.
My BX2370 WILL NOT MOVE, when I have the parking brake set properly. I get a squeel from the hydraulics, as soon as I try to move and immediately realize the brake is on. Are you folks having issues not setting the brake firmly, to actual hold the tractor when set ? Can you not feel the drag on the tractor with the brakes partially set ?

/ Parking Brake Alarm? #24  
I have learned the sound of the tractor is different when I forget. There is slight whine as the tractor tries to overcome the brake. A sound I can't miss. Works every time.

/ Parking Brake Alarm? #25  
My BX2370 WILL NOT MOVE, when I have the parking brake set properly. I get a squeel from the hydraulics, as soon as I try to move and immediately realize the brake is on. Are you folks having issues not setting the brake firmly, to actual hold the tractor when set ? Can you not feel the drag on the tractor with the brakes partially set ?
The brakes on my old International are well adjusted and when the parking brake is set properly the tractor won't roll down a hill but if I drove away with the parking brakes set I wouldn't feel anything unusual. This has been the case since the tractor was new back in the early seventies. Of course, it doesn't have a hydrostatic transmission and it has almost 50 HP. To avoid dragging the brakes I guess I'm just very much used to checking with my right foot before driving away.

/ Parking Brake Alarm? #26  
Brakes don't seem to scale quite as well as HP for some reason. I expect it's because the brakes are designed for holding the machine at a stop or slowing from low speeds. Energy goes WAY up at highway speeds so most people are use to automotive tuned brakes.

Years ago driving 19 speed 70-80hp John Deeres as a summer gig... up to about 3rd or 4th gear the brakes wouldn't do anything but make noise no matter how hard you stood on them. You'd hear a bit of a groan from brakes & engine, but there would be no impact whatsoever on speed. My 40hp L4060 will feel it, but can overpower brakes in a chunk of low range. You definitely hear the engine struggle & HST whine. Brakes on all those machines worked perfectly well for stopping & holding the machines on the steepest slopes.