Parking Brake Light - Won't turn off

/ Parking Brake Light - Won't turn off #1  

ecoslik

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 HST with LA854 loader and QA, top and tilt, 1 front and 3 rear remotes, foamed rear tires
hmmmmmm.

Regarding my L5740 HST, does anyone have advice about how to fix or trouble shoot a parking brake light that won't turn off when the brake is disengaged? The problem started a couple days ago.

I appreciate the help.

/ Parking Brake Light - Won't turn off #2  
Don't know about yours ... I had the brake lights staying on and turned out there was an adjustment for the two brake pedals under the dash where the sensor is. Mine the hand brake also moves the foot brakes.

/ Parking Brake Light - Won't turn off #3  
hmmmmmm.

Regarding my L5740 HST, does anyone have advice about how to fix or trouble shoot a parking brake light that won't turn off when the brake is disengaged? The problem started a couple days ago.

I appreciate the help.

There is an electrical switch that engages the light - yours is stuck closed. My L4200's parking switch is mounted on the actuation rod that is connected to the parking brake lever, right under the dash, although you might have to take off the dashboard (PITA) and access it from the top. If your tractor has a manual parking lever, your switch is probably in the same spot.

JayC

/ Parking Brake Light - Won't turn off
I appreciate, big thank you. I'm going to grab my lunch and take it over to the tractor while I look for the bugger.

I found the switch easy enough. Sure looks stuck to me. It looks like I'll need to remove it to work on it in a more thorough way since the quick effort did not complete the repair. At least now I can see the problem. Thanks again.

/ Parking Brake Light - Won't turn off #6  
I use to have a '68 mustang with a similar problem. The backup light switch was a spring loaded plunger type located just above the road surface on the bottom end of the shift lever. After a few tens of thousands of miles, the plunger would pick up enough road crud so that it would go in and not come out when I shifted to drive.
Maybe you have a similar problem.

I think you are correct.

When I looked, I wasn't exactly sure if it is a "spring loaded plunger type," but I assumed it was and with a tool picked at the crud that I assumed was jamming the plunger. The angle was a bit tough and did not complete the repair. It left me thinking that either it was a different type of switch or it was "spring loaded plunger type" and I needed to remove it so I could properly clean it. It looks like it will be an easy remove, clean, and reinstall. If not I'll have it out and can replace it if needed.

/ Parking Brake Light - Won't turn off #8  
I found the switch easy enough. Sure looks stuck to me. It looks like I'll need to remove it to work on it in a more thorough way since the quick effort did not complete the repair. At least now I can see the problem. Thanks again.

Glad to have helped.

JayC

JayC ... quick post again. The number of your total posts is scary. :p