Parking - in the new day an age - Rant

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #201  
Biggest problem started when they went to a single line in the parking spaces from double to squeeze in 2 more spots!

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #202  
Gotta say, while there are self-imposed reasons why some people are obese, not all obese people have a ton of choice in the matter.

I strongly encourage those of you casting shade on obese people for using the scooters to STFU, it's a terrible look for you. Personally I'm glad they're trying to function in society, particularly those who can't do or are trying to do something about it.

Every heard "if you can't say anything nice"? I can only imagine what holiday dinners are like with you at the table.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #203  
And Lowes gives a 10% discount to Veterans. Menards once in awhile offers 11% rebate. But you only get store credit so they actually give you nothing. Thumbs up to Lowes.
Menard's offers 11% pretty much all year long. Then around Christmas, they advertise last 11% sale of the year. Panic! It starts again in the spring. :ROFLMAO:

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #204  
A few years ago I read about this woman. She's awsome. Ultra marathon runner now. Still a larger girl.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #208  
Gotta say, while there are self-imposed reasons why some people are obese, not all obese people have a ton of choice in the matter.

I strongly encourage those of you casting shade on obese people for using the scooters to STFU, it's a terrible look for you. Personally I'm glad they're trying to function in society, particularly those who can't do or are trying to do something about it.

Every heard "if you can't say anything nice"? I can only imagine what holiday dinners are like with you at the table.
Handicap spaces are no different than scooters in stores in that they are there to help people who have some kind of medical disability.

Generally, I don't pay attention to who is using a handicap parking space, but sometimes walking the store, it's hard not to note some casual observations about people who are "generally" using the scooter for mobility issues.

Sad reality is there are some people who abuse the system set in place to help others in genuine need for both handicap parking spaces along with a stores offered scooter to use.

I have no doubt that determining if obesity by evaluating if it is a medically determined impairment can be very complex given the person, however as noted in this post's second paragraph, nothing more than an observation on my end.

Ironically enough, came across this last night. My only question is if the suspected thief actually had a mobility issue, and if not, would have loved to have been a fly on the wall how he came up with that idea, as it's obvious that he's not obese.

Da.png

As for holiday dinners (assuming your referencing me in your quote as I have voiced my observations here), I actually have learned to keep my mouth shut. I have a brother in law on my wife's side who is Canadian and is very anti gun (his wife is also anti gun). Ironically enough, their kids love to come over to shoot now that they don't have to ask for permission.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #209  

For the majority of obese people its as simple as stop shoving food in their mouths and mild exercises. I hope this comment isn't hitting to close to home.

I have to watch what I eat and exercise. I could lose more weight but being lazy and undisciplined is not a handicap.

I have 9 kids and none are even close to being obese because we taught them early on to eat proper foods and we seldom ate out. So holiday dinners aren't an issue.

If one of my kids was obese I would tell them they were slowly killing themselves.

obese_scooters.jpg

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #210  
Handicap spaces are no different than scooters in stores in that they are there to help people who have some kind of medical disability.

Generally, I don't pay attention to who is using a handicap parking space, but sometimes walking the store, it's hard not to note some casual observations about people who are "generally" using the scooter for mobility issues.

Sad reality is there are some people who abuse the system set in place to help others in genuine need for both handicap parking spaces along with a stores offered scooter to use.

I have no doubt that determining if obesity by evaluating if it is a medically determined impairment can be very complex given the person, however as noted in this post's second paragraph, nothing more than an observation on my end.

As for holiday dinners (assuming your referencing me in your quote as I have voiced my observations here), I actually have learned to keep my mouth shut. I have a brother in law on my wife's side who is Canadian and is very anti gun (his wife is also anti gun). Ironically enough, their kids love to come over to shoot now that they don't have to ask for permission.

I try not to bring up religion or politics during family gatherings.
But if someone wants to be dumb enough to start then I am more than willing to jump in. :geek:
Maybe you should wear your gun in a shoulder holster this coming thanksgiving. ;)