Part out or repair

/ Part out or repair #1  

MHarryE

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota M7-171, M5-111, SVL75-2, RTV900XT & GR2120; CaseIH 1680 combine
20220909_105948.jpg

Insurance paid the owner of this New Holland T4.120. A friend picked it up feeling that since there is still oil in the transmission and engine, some parts may be usable. He does show quality restorations of antique farm equipment. I think it’s a challenge but wouldn’t it be great to see it running again?

/ Part out or repair #2  
What ever blows his skirt up is ok by me.

/ Part out or repair
Why I found this one interesting is I’ve investigated many equipment fires but never saw one as completely melted down as this one. The fuel tank is on the side where we are looking and no sign it was there. Aluminum radiator, oil cooler, fuel cooler, A-C condenser melted away. Various globs of melted aluminum hanging on but the hydraulic pump is only partly melted. Front wheel has wire from tire bead but rear looks like a tire was never mounted.

/ Part out or repair #4  
You could buy a new tractor 3 times over for the parts not to mention labor to fix that. Haul that to the metal recycler and move on to a more practical project.

/ Part out or repair #10  
That will buff out just fine....
A couple (or few) rattle-cans of blue paint and she'll be good as new. He said it still had oil in transmission and engine... I think I'd change it anyway.