Parts for an IH 240?

/ Parts for an IH 240? #1  

DmansPadge

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620, Toro 2000 Series Z Master
Does anybody know any good sources for parts for an International Harvester 240? Looking for some PTO parts.

/ Parts for an IH 240? #2  
There use to be a web page for junk yards by state. I can't find it so maybe someone else can help there but that tractor you should be able to go to you local Case dealer and he should be able to get parts.

murph

/ Parts for an IH 240?
Thanks guys. I'm trying to help a buddy of mine get his old IH running. He went to the local Case dealer and they told him they couldn't get the parts. They did give him a name and number of a local guy that might be able to help and sure enough... the guy has what he needs.

MMM, thats a good link... nice to have that around when you need it.

Thanks!

/ Parts for an IH 240? #5  
For new aftmkt try OEM, Inc. Associated with Red Power Mag.

/ Parts for an IH 240?
Thanks MMM. I haven't talked to my B-I-L today but he was supposed to go get the parts this morning. I will keep your idea in mind.

Thanks

/ Parts for an IH 240? #7  
I don't think OEM Tractor Parts is "Anything" but an advertiser in RPM. Same at Joe's Farmall Parts, Bate's Corp., Little Red Tractor Co., Carter & Grunewald, Marks's, Easy Bob's, etc. etc. etc. And since Ken Updike is parts mgr. for C&G as well as writes articles for RPM,,,,, He's the closest to being "Associated" with RPM as any of them.

/ Parts for an IH 240? #8  
Haven't dealt with OEM but they are supposedly suppliers of a lot of tin for IH. Bates I have dealt with- sorta. Addie (Bates)quoted me 800 bucks for rebuilt single hyd remote. I'm not sure of your meaning "advertiser". Are you saying they get parts elsewhere and tack on extra?