Parts without loosing an arm or leg

/ Parts without loosing an arm or leg #1  

Mtsoxfan

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland TC29D
I'm in need of a water pump for tc29D. Prices are ranging from $95 to $141. There was a $365, but I don't count that crook business...
Some other tractors are more like $40. which seems about right for a water pump. I've been to messicks, and all vendors google search I could find online, but if someone knows of a discount vendor, please let me know. I have a drip now, and use is limited, so no great rush.

/ Parts without loosing an arm or leg #2  
Have you tried Ebay or Amazon? Ken Sweet

/ Parts without loosing an arm or leg
Amazon's lowest price was $95. Ebay just as bad. I will look for clutch guy

Thanks, I'm pretty sure the part number I need ends in 661.
Is that an updated part number?
And that's the confusing part of this. $36 for that water pump you linked, but to get on that looks identical but says fits tc29d, price jumps to over $100

/ Parts without loosing an arm or leg #7  
Thanks, I'm pretty sure the part number I need ends in 661.
Is that an updated part number?
And that's the confusing part of this. $36 for that water pump you linked, but to get on that looks identical but says fits tc29d, price jumps to over $100

Yup, I got you the wrong number!

SBA145017661 is the correct number and it seems you just need to buy a $100 dollar water pump. Way cheaper than a new tractor for sure.

Last edited:
Yeah. I need to bite the bullet and buy. After installing glow plugs timer, I took for a spin to check out possible damage from high winds last night. Water pump leaking pretty good now. With my luck, by the time I get a pump our warm spell will end and it'll be too cold to work with wet hands again.
I may just take off while temps are still in 30s and tie up tractor until new one comes in.