Pat;s Easy CAT 1...broken spring...?

/ Pat;s Easy CAT 1...broken spring...? #1  

botayota

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3240Hst
Hi,
I ordered the Pat's Easy Change System from Rural King back in May, well I opened the box to install last week and one of the
springs was broken. I contacted Greenwell and they quickly sent me 2 springs and all the other hardware I need to replace the broken
spring...now here's my question. I have to remove the Rollpin that captures the latch handle to replace the spring. Greenwell sent me a replacement, but is there an easy way to remove this Rollpin. I've been using an old drill bit and hammering, but it doesn't seem to budge.
Possibly I'm not using the correct tools...etc. Let me know if you have a good method to remove rollpins?

Thanks
BYota...

/ Pat;s Easy CAT 1...broken spring...? #3  
I don't remember having to remove the rolled pin to replace the spring.... I have a pretty old set, I know there are a couple different version of Pat's.

/ Pat;s Easy CAT 1...broken spring...? #4  
please don't hammer on a drill bit or use it as a punch, they are brittle and can shatter and end up hurting you!

/ Pat;s Easy CAT 1...broken spring...? #5  
if you can't figure it out just call them they have excellent customer service. When I bent 3 out of 4 bolt they sent me new stronger bolts and a brand new left side after one bolt broke off trying to back it out. Great people

/ Pat;s Easy CAT 1...broken spring...?
Thanks all....I'll see if I can get the new spring on without removing the rollpin, if not I'll give them a call...