Pat's Easy Change

/ Pat's Easy Change #1  

GaryM

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD4100 Hydro
Pat\'s Easy Change

I got to install and use my Easy Change adaptors today. They installed easily and work even better. I no longer have to try and drag the implements around to get the ball ends over the pins. They work as advertised! Changing from the cutter to the box blade just got a whole lot faster. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I had just enough travel left in my toplink to accomodate the increased distance to the implement. Also had enough travel in the PTO shaft for the cutter. I plan to make a new, slightly longer, set of metal arms that make the swinging link on the JD413 cutter an inch or two longer.

/ Pat's Easy Change #2  
Re: Pat\'s Easy Change

Any pics or a web site?

/ Pat's Easy Change

The photo on the website is the old design. I've attached a picture of the improved model.

There was some discussion in another thread about how the ball ends on the factory links fit the pins better, an the Easy Change hooks might concentrate the wear on your pins if the hooks are not perpendicular to the pin. And that's probably true. But with the smaller CUTs that most of us probably have I don't think it's a problem. If I have to changes pins after 2-3 years that's probably a lot less time than I would have spent wrestling with implements.

Attachments

• 318805-newdesign.jpg
    318805-newdesign.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1,598
   / Pat's Easy Change #5  

Gary,

Do you mind me asking how much a set of these goes for? They look like they may be better than the quick hitch.

Thanks,

/ Pat's Easy Change

They were $180 plus $15 shipping charge.

Now be aware thet with these you still need to work the top link, but that's never a problem for me. It's moving the implement to slip the ball ends over the pins that's a pain.

I haven't measured, but I'd estimate the set back due to the adaptors is about 4 inches. This would reduce your lift capacity some. I'd guess that's less than the distance that a quick hitch uses. And these weigh less too! They will work with any pin spacing too, unlike what I read about the quick hitches.

Pat offers a 30 day satisfaction too.

/ Pat's Easy Change #7  

Very cool! I remember the last thread on these. Glad you took the plunge and got them. They look like a real back saver.

/ Pat's Easy Change #8  

These have really got me interested. I am thinking that if I cut the ball ends off of the lift arms of my tractor and then attached these that it would not reduce the lift capacity if the tractor nor would I have to extend any PTO shafts, or top links. What do you think?

/ Pat's Easy Change #9  

I had looked at these before I went with the Quick-Hitch. My neighbor has a set on a JD 5105 and likes them but the only problem he has with them is keeping the draft arms spread the right distance to line up with the pins while backing up to a tool. He has to back up within an inch or so, get off the tractor and spread the arms, and try to back up gently so as not to disturb the position. The additional weight on the end of the draft arm makes the arm want to swing to the center. He has gotten creative and made a wooden spacer out of a 1-by to keep the arms spread while he hooks up his cutter. Still better than having to get on and off the tractor a dozen times to move an 1/8th of an inch.

/ Pat's Easy Change

I did not have to make any adjustment to my PTO shaft. And I currently only have one driven implement.

I'm considering making a set of metal plates that would extend forward of the bracket that the lower pins are mounted on. These plates would angle toward the PTO shaft and be shaped so as to spread the draft arms to the proper width allowing the adaptors to meet the pins properly.

I was bush hogging Saturday and after finishing I wanted to use the box blade. If I'd had to wrestle the implements off and on I probably wouldn't have bothered.

I don't think I'd consider cutting the ball links off the draft arms. I think unless your lift capacity is too low to lift the implement.