3-Point Hitch Pat's quick hitch

/ Pat's quick hitch #11  
I would call it Pat's "easier" change system rather than "easy" change system. If I only had one implement it would work great, but a half dozen different implements means the 3pt arm spacing has to be changed nearly every time I pick up a different implement. That's not so big a deal, but the other issue I encountered was a wide spacing of the arms caused the slot in the hitch to not be parallel to the shaft of the implement. That meant when I try to pick up a wide implement it wouldn't drop into the hitch slot unless I loosened the hitch and wiggled it around. I ended up allowing pat's hitch to float free on the end of my 3pt arm, rather than attaching it rigidly with those set screws. This gave me back the flexibility to pick up implements of varying width, but the down side is it also allows the hitch to flop around a bit, so I have to jump off the tractor and get it lined up properly. Overall I'm still glad I have it, but it's not quite the silver bullet I had hoped for.
My neighbor has a system that requires an adapter on each implement, and then the "quick hitch" system always connects to the adapter which really makes things easy, but also really makes things expensive because he needs an adapter for each implement. It came with his funny green colored tractor, so maybe it's a John Deere product.

/ Pat's quick hitch #12  
Do the cat. 1 pins fit in the quick hitch tight? The ones I looked at several years back were almost cat. 2 size. Thanks

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here. I think the Pat's is built to use bushings. Just like a Quick Hitch is designed to use bushings. So with a CAT I Pat's you are supposed to put CAT II bushings on the attachment pins. The Pat's then fits those bushings snug. The idea is to create a wear point other than the Pat's hooks. If you don't use bushings, everytime you lift and lower your attachment the pins are turning in the Pat's. Eventually you'll either grind off the pins or grind off the Pat's. Neither is desirable!!!

My CAT II Quick Hitch hooks are CAT III size for example.

/ Pat's quick hitch #13  
That could easily be their intent. If I can get my daughter to help me I would like to show you'll what I made. (pictures) They do fit cat. 1

/ Pat's quick hitch #14  
Don't buy them. They put your attachment out too far from the tractor. Causes too much stress on the top link which will eventually bend.

/ Pat's quick hitch #15  
Don't buy them. They put your attachment out too far from the tractor. Causes too much stress on the top link which will eventually bend.

I wonder where I can trade in my top links that are bent already.........LONG before I got the Pat's.......Actually for the Pat's I did the right thing and got a longer top link so that I don't screw out my already bent top links to the last couple of threads........Funny how using the right equipment the right way prevents damage..........God bless.........Dennis

/ Pat's quick hitch #16  
The only way Pat's adds any stress to the toplink is if you have a situation like Dennis described, where the toplink is only holding by a couple threads. Then what might happen is pulling the threads and coming apart.

Pat's puts no stress on the toplink in regards to bending it. That's compression, not pull. The forces applied to your toplink in regards to compression are no different with our without Pat's.

Pat's adds stress to the 3pt lift system because it moves the weight farther from the tractor. It will lessen the tractor's lifting capacity so something like a Tote Box heavily loaded might not be able to be lifted by the tractor. But the flip side of that would be, it makes a ballast box more effective because of that weight transfer as well. ;)

/ Pat's quick hitch #18  
I have just phoned them, and spoke with a very nice lady, and gave her My visa number and they showed up in the mail a week or so later. I have 3 sets now, and like them very much. How's things in Linden? I was up there for dinner a week ago or so. If you are down My way you are more than welcome to come and take a look at mine if you have any questions.

Cheers

Roger

/ Pat's quick hitch #19  
Thanks for reply Rodger,everything good up here and finally getting some spring.did u order the pats up from us and was shipping very much.thanks richard