Pat's Quick Hitch

/ Pat's Quick Hitch #1  

lincmercguy

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 5105, JD 5055E
What do you guys think of the Pat's Quick Hitch system? Did you find that your top link was too short with it? I have a Cat 2 hitch, but I just use the sleeves for my cat 1 blade. I know they make one that attaches cat 1, but I don't want to lose the cat 2 capability.

/ Pat's Quick Hitch #2  
There is a chance that your top link or PTO shaft will be too short as the Pat's system lengthens your 3pt lift arms 3-4". You will also lose a bit of lift capacity because the lift point is further away from the tractor. If those are non-issues, then the Pat's system may be just what you want/need.

Also: Look at the bottom of this page for similar threads.

/ Pat's Quick Hitch #3  
What do you guys think of the Pat's Quick Hitch system? Did you find that your top link was too short with it? I have a Cat 2 hitch, but I just use the sleeves for my cat 1 blade. I know they make one that attaches cat 1, but I don't want to lose the cat 2 capability.

Not sure what grade bolts come on the Cat 2 version, but I totally agree with the complaints about the low grade bolts on the Cat 1 version. Went to put them on my new tractor, so figured I'd remove the bolts and lube the threads. The bolts were in bad shape after low hours of usage (like 20 or less with a light weight rotary mower). They had distorted enough that one snapped off.

I ordered Grade 8 , 3/8"-16 x 2" tap bolts (fully threaded) online for delivery next week, as everything I found locally was not fully threaded. Suggest swapping them out before putting into service as suggested in other threads. I was extremely lucky (for once) removing the broken bolt. Oh, yeah, remember to wear safety glasses when drilling out bolts!

Not sure if the bolt grade has been rectified on the newer versions, mine are 8 years old, but thought it worth mentioning given my current frustrations. My two cents, Toukow

/ Pat's Quick Hitch #4  
Not sure what grade bolts come on the Cat 2 version, but I totally agree with the complaints about the low grade bolts on the Cat 1 version.

When I installed mine last year,, I swapped out ALL of the bolts ( except the "U" bolts ) with TSC Grade 8 bolts,,,

r2IB2Cp.jpg

I did the swap for two reasons,
1) the bolts that came with it were "low grade"
2) I used bolts that were as close as possible to "ideal" length,,,

The included bolts are the wrong length, to allow the bolts to be more universal,,
the bolts I selected were specific to my tractor 3 point arm dimensions,,,

The Pat's adapter is a GREAT hook for transporting a chain,, also !! :thumbsup:

/ Pat's Quick Hitch #5  
I wanted to install the Pat's system on my SSQA to 3pt adapter and the easiest way would be the weld-on version. Well, they don't sell the weld-on version any more. Then I thought I could use the standard CAT 1 version but needed the dimensions of the pocket that fits over the 3pt arm but I never got a response back.
3pt adapter 002_1.JPG

/ Pat's Quick Hitch #6  
I wanted to install the Pat's system on my SSQA to 3pt adapter and the easiest way would be the weld-on version. Well, they don't sell the weld-on version any more. Then I thought I could use the standard CAT 1 version but needed the dimensions of the pocket that fits over the 3pt arm but I never got a response back.
View attachment 603912

Not sure if you're still working on this, but mine are off awaiting new bolts. If you need dimensions of the Cat 1 'pocket', let me know. Toukow

/ Pat's Quick Hitch #7  
Not sure if you're still working on this, but mine are off awaiting new bolts. If you need dimensions of the Cat 1 'pocket', let me know. Toukow

Thanks!!!! I sent a PM today.

/ Pat's Quick Hitch #8  
Needed to get a longer top link for some of my attachments when I installed mine. Not a big deal tho.
Overall...very pleased with the Pat's

/ Pat's Quick Hitch #10  
I'm a fan of Pat's Quick Hitch as well. I had a set on my previous John Deere 3720 (the current owner is a fan as well) and now my 4066R. I too switched over to the grade 8 hardened bolts. AND, their customer service in view is as good as it gets.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Internet Premium (A35465)
Internet Premium...
2020 RoGator RG1300C Precision R2 Air Max Spreader (A35465)
2020 RoGator...
2021 John Deere 4023R Sprayer (A35465)
2021 John Deere...
2021 John Deere 4023R Sprayer (A35465)
2021 John Deere...
2014 Freightliner M2 106 6x6 T/A Altec AM900-E100 100FT Elevator Bucket Truck (A35915)
2014 Freightliner...
2018 JLG T350 Towable Boom Lift (A35915)
2018 JLG T350...