Photo Posting How To

Grrrr

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere!
Having seen many threads come up about the various different ways to post pictures and how to do it I thought I would try to create a thread that showed how to do all the different methods.

When posting pictures you have to remember that not all TBN'ers will have a broadband connection as fast as yours or even broadband at all. Some members are still on dialup :mad:

To post pictures you have to upload them from your computer to a server somewhere on the internet. This is because if your computer is turned off people will still need to be able to see your pictures. You can use the TBN servers or an Image Hosting Company, as mentioned later.

There are two distinct different ways to insert pictures into posts:
  • Have the filename of the picture at the bottom of the post that you can click on to take you to the picture.
  • Have the image appear inside the post itself. It can be in the middle of text.
Both methods have their downfalls:

Having the picture appear as an attachment is probably the easiest because you just have to go to manage attachments at the bottom of the Reply to Thread box. Then you simply select the photo you want to show and click upload.

The problem with this method is it is not that easy to see what the picture is of and the user has to click on the hyperlink to see the picture. If you are on dialup you have no choice but to either download all of it or nothing.
You use the TBN servers to host these pictures but you are constrained by how big it can be.

Inserting the picture in the middle of the post makes it easier to see the picture for the reader and you can write around the pictures. But it is also a bit more complex to insert the picture in this way because you have to use a separate hosting company, like Photobucket or Imageshack, to host the image for you. You then past some code they give you in the place where you normally type the image.

This method is great for describing pictures and for people with fast broadband; it shows them the pictures straight away.
The problem comes though when you show a big picture. This will often distort the page that the thread is on and cause the page to take a long time to load making reading the page hard as it will constantly move as the photos load.

This is a standard inline image:

versatile.jpg

This can be solved by making the picture a clickable thumbnail; Photobucket and Image Shack both allow you to do this. I think that Photobucket is the better one because it does not put any advertising on the page.

This is a clickable thumbnail :

I will now describe in more detail how to post the photos ...

Last edited:

OP
Grrrr

Grrrr

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere!
Resizing Pictures

Before you can upload pictures you must make sure they are within the require file size so as the server can upload them and they don稚 take too long to download.

If you have a program like Photoshop you can use this to resize your image. You are aiming to make the picture about 640 x 480 pixels. There is some useful information here about using Photoshop.

If you do not have Photoshop, there are many free image resizes available freely on the internet.

I have found one of the best to be PixResizer. It is very simple to use, can do more than one photo at once and is very easy to install.

Go to the download link that is about half way down the page under Free Download.

Click on that and then when it has downloaded to your desktop click on the icon to install it.

Once it is installed there are good instructions for it in the readme which is found in the start menu under PixResizer.

It has a useful feature that allows you to be able to do a batch of photos at one time if you are going to be uploading a few pictures. The readme tells you how to do this.

Once you have managed to resize the pictures you can start to upload them.

OP
Grrrr

Grrrr

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere!
Inserting pictures as attachments using the TBN servers (recommended)

The end result will be like the one at the bottom of this post.
  1. Once you have resized your pictures it is sensible to put them on your desktop or somewhere else where it is easy to find them again.
  2. You then need to write the post that you wish to put the photos in with. Write out the message and then go down to the bottom of the text editor past where it says Submit Post to Manage Attachments.
  3. This will open up a popup. This popup gives you options for uploading your photos. You need to go to the box where it says Upload Files from Your Computer.
  4. In this box, click browse and find the photo on your desktop you want to upload. Then click Open. This will close the box and the path will now be in the text box.
  5. The last step is to click upload. The picture you chose will now be copied to the TBN server.
Thats it, you have uploaded your first picture. If you wish to post more than one picture in the same post you can repeat steps 4 and 5 to upload as many photos as you want.

Once you have finished, you can click on Close this window at the bottom of the popup.

Then click submit as you normally would.

Attachments

• Lawnmower pics 013.jpg
    Lawnmower pics 013.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 717
Last edited:

OP
Grrrr

Grrrr

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere!
Inserting pictures in line with the text using Photobucket

You can use Photobucket to host your pictures for you instead of the TBN servers. This frees up TBN resources and allows you to upload bigger and more files.

The end result will look like this:

versatile.jpg

First of all, make sure you have made the picture the right size, as previously mentioned here. This picture can be 640 x 480 PX or 960 x 720 PX. It does not really matter but the larger the picture is, the longer it will take to load.

Then, you need to set yourself up a Photobucket account. I have taken the following instructions from another website:

1. Go to the website, Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

2. On the top left side of the screen, there is a button that says, REGISTER NOW! Click it. You are on your way!

3. You will be prompted to enter a username and password. When you come up with one that is not already in the system, they will take you to the next page.

4. Once you have picked your username and password you will be asked to enter your first and last name, a valid email address, gender, birthday, country, zip code, and a prompt type in some random letters for security purposes. It says right under the box where you enter your email address "No spam! We hate that stuff," and they mean it. I have been a member for over a year and have never received ANYTHING from them in my email account.

5. They may have an advertisement next that asks you to enter info, but DON'T DO IT! Photobucket doesn't send you spam, but since it's free the ruthless ad wizards will try to get you. Just click the word "here" where it says, "Thanks for registering for Photobucket. Click HERE to go to your album."

6. When you get to your album, there will be a box on the left side of the page that lets you browse your library for pictures you want to upload. The maximum image size is the size of a 17 inch screen (1024 X 768 megapixels).

Once you have your account created, you can start to upload your photos. You need to be in your album to start with. It will not have any pictures in it at the moment.
  1. At the top of your album, there are several boxes. These are where you select the photos you want to upload. Click Browse next the top box. Find the photo you want to upload and then click Open.
  2. This will put the path to the image in the box. If you want to upload more than one photo, redo step 4. Just use the next empty box each time. You can get more boxes by clicking on add more.
  3. If you wish, you can add a title to the pictures where it says click to add title.
  4. Once you are done, click Upload Now.
  5. It will upload the file and you will now be able to see it in your gallery further down the page.
You have now finished the uploading part of the pictures. You now need to go back to TBN and write out your message.
  1. Once you have finished writing out the message you need to go back to Photobucket and find the pictures you uploaded earlier.
  2. Once you have the image you want to put in the post, look under it for the box that says IMG Code.
  3. Click on this and it will automatically copy to your clipboard.
  4. Then go to the message at TBN again and click in where you type the message out. Click roughly where you want the photo to appear.
  5. Then right click and click paste. [FONT=&quot]
    eg.jpg
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    eg.jpg
    [/FONT]
  6. The code is telling TBN where the photo is located. It does not look like a photo at the moment but if you click on Preview Message you will see it will appear as a photo.
Once you have done one photo successfully, you can go back and do more.
Then, once you are done, click Submit Message as normal.

The pictures should now come up in your post. Thats all there is to it :D

Last edited:

OP
Grrrr

Grrrr

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere!
Inserting Pictures as clickable thumbnails using Photobucket (recommended)

This will insert a picture like this:

You can click on it to make it bigger. Try it. You will see the image will open in a new window. I think it is the easiest way to see the photos as you can have a preview of each one and see which one you want to look at.

To do it you need to have already resized the pictures as here. It is not as important to have it small this time as the reader can chose whether to view it or not but it still must be below 1024 X 768 PX.

You also need to have created a Photobucket account, described how to here.

Lastly, you must have uploaded a picture already you want to show.

Once all this is done you can post the image
  1. Find the picture(s) you want to show and click the little tick box underneath them on the left.
  2. Then go down to the bottom of the page where it says Generate HTML and IMG Code.
  3. This will generate a load of different codes. You are looking for the one that says IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards recommended
  4. It is the third box down. Click on it and it will automatically copy it.
  5. Then go back to Tractor By Net and write out your message.
  6. Then right click roughly where you want the picture to go and click paste.
  7. Then click on Preview. You will see your picture come up and you can click on it to enlarge it.
You can fiddle around with moving it by using enter the centre, left and right buttons and the spacebar.

Thats all there is to it. Not too bad at all.

You can put more than one picture in at a time if you want by selecting more than one check box back in Step 1. You can then move these pictures around by pressing enter in between the code.

You will have to do some experimenting.

Oleozz

Veteran Member
Tractor
International 1066 with Year Round Cab, Kioti DK 45S with Cab, 451 Loader
Very good info Grrr, thanks for posting. One of my pet peeves with pics is when someone posts a 600 or 700 kb monster, I never get to see them because our phone line is bringing in downloads at 26.4 kbps.

OP
Grrrr

Grrrr

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere!
Another thing I find really useful to use with Photobucket is the ability to use the Publish these files to the web feature of Windows XP.

It allows you, after a brief download, to upload whole folders full of photos to Photobucket.

A really good tutorial and more information can be found here :
Desktop Publisher - Publish content with XP Publisher: Photobucket.com

OP
Grrrr

Grrrr

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere!
Inserting Pictures as clickable thumbnails using Imageshack

ImageShack can also be used to host photos that are clickable. It is very easy because you don't even have to register.
  1. Just fill in the boxes on the home page with your photo location and your email address if you want.
  2. Imageshack can even resize the photo for you, it reccomends 640 x 480 PX.
  3. Clicking on remove size/resolution bar from thumbnail will make the little bar that tells you how big an image is go away.
  4. Then click host it.
  5. You then need to take the box at the top of the screen that says Thumbnail for Forums. It is the second one down.
  6. Select it, then right click and click on copy.
  7. Then paste the code in where you would write your message; like with Photobucket.
This is what it ends up looking like (without the banner at the bottom) :

With the banner at the bottom :

If you register with them by giving them your email address, you will be able to find the pictures you uploaded before and use them again in another message.

The problem I find with ImageShack is that it is hard to keep track of all the pictures and they put advertising on the page when you click on the thumbnail.

There is a FAQ sheet here.

OP
Grrrr

Grrrr

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere!
The last thing I was going to explain was uploading things other than photos like Word Documents, PDF's and Zip's.

For Word Documents (.doc) you can do it through manage attatchments. Just select a word document instead of a photo.

The word document has to be a Word 97 - 2003 document, not a Word 2007 document.

You can easily save a Word 2007 document as a Word 97 - 2003 by clicking save as and then under where you type the filename click the down arrow and choose Word 1997 - 2003.

I have included and example in this post. (It is my first draft of this thread!)

To post PDF's it is very much the same, but this time you select the PDF instead of a picture.

To do ZIP's it is the same as PDF's.

A word of warning. People can ZIP up malicious files so as they appear harmless. TBN will not allow these harmfull files but it cannot guard against ZIPS's. Ensure you perform a virus scan before unzipping anything.

OP
Grrrr

Grrrr

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere!
I was told last night after posting the bulk of this thread about a way to attatch pictures inline with the post using the TBN Servers :)

So they come out like this :

MF135.jpg

The reason I had ommitted this way from the tutorial is it sometimes makes threads impossibly slow to read if someone posts a massive image. But, as long as the photo is resized, there is nothing wrong with doing it. Here is how to resize pictures.

Here is how to do it:
  1. Write out the message as you normally would at TBN.
  2. Make sure you have resized the picture to 640 x 480 PX.
  3. Then click on manage attatchments.
  4. Upload a photo as you normally would by selecting the photo on your computer and then clicking upoad. Do this for as many pictures as you want to display.
  5. Then close the little popup for manage attachments.
  6. Click roughly in the message where you want the photo to appear.
  7. Then go to the little paper clip button in the menu at the top of the wiriting box and click on the down arrow.
  8. Click on the photo you want to display.
  9. This will put a short bit of code in your message using the Attatch tag.
  10. Then post your message as normal and the photo should appear inline.
This way is probably the easiest if you want to display your photos inline. But you cannot make the thumbnails and it is important you resize the images first.

There is a limit to how many photos you can store on TBN. It will also use up resources ont he TBN servers so it is probably better to use another hosting company, as previoulsy mentioned.

One other thing that was pointed out to me is you can see all the attachments you have uploaded by going to your Home and going to the bottom of the menu on the right hand side and then clicking attachents.

Last edited:

dbdartman

Gold Member
Tractor
JD4400
I posted this on another board a year or so ago, but since this post is here, I feel it bears repeating here.

How to resize pics using "Paint" which comes bundled with Windows XP:

Resizing & cropping pics with "Paint":

Open the folder containing the pic you wish to edit. Right-click on the pic, scroll down to "send to" & then click on "my documents." This will send a copy of the pic to "my documents."

Go to "my documents" & open the pic. It will open in Windows pic & fax viewer. At the bottom of the page is a set of icons. Setting your cursor on an icon will bring up what that icon does. The next to far-right icon will close the pic viewer & open the pic in Paint to edit it.

When the pic opens in Paint, you will notice tiny blue dots along the edges of the pic. By left-clicking & holding on a blue dot you can crop (or cut) that edge of the pic. When you release the left-click the pic will be that size. You can only crop the bottom & right side of the pic.

To crop the top & left side, click on "image" at the top of the page, then click "flip/rotate" & flip the pic to crop the other side. When done, flip the pic back to normal.

To resize a pic: Click on "image" then click on "stretch/skew" & change the numbers in the top boxes from 100 to something smaller (90, 80, or whatever). Make sure you change BOTH numbers to the same value, otherwise the pic will be distorted.

Now, if you're happy with the pic, or if you make a mistake at any time, close the page. You will be asked if you want to save the changes. If you click yes, the pic in my documents will be changed. If you click no, the pic will be unchanged & you can open the pic again then open it in paint & start over.

After you've changed the pic to your satisfaction, you'll need to rename the pic to move it back to the folder it came from (otherwise you may lose the original pic). Right-click on the pic in my documents, select "rename" & either rename it completely or add something like "small," or "edit," or "sig" to it's name/number. When it's renamed, you can just "cut & paste" the pic back to it's original folder.

This is not very difficult to do, just a little involved in the description. All Windows machines have Paint installed, so there's really no need for an expensive editing program for simple resizing & cropping. Do it a couple times & it becomes fast & easy (I figured this all out in an afternoon just fooling around with it, who says an old dog can't learn new tricks).

Jimbrown

Veteran Member
Tractor
KIOTI LK30
BrahmaBullOldBluebody.jpg

Grrr just testing that last way to post the pictures. Sure is easy and fast.

OP
Grrrr

Grrrr

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere!
Jimbrown said:
View attachment 85386

Grrr just testing that last way to post the pictures. Sure is easy and fast.
Yeah, I had forgotten about this way but it is a pretty good way of doing it. Thanks to California for reminding me about it :)

I also like the way that the pictures go away when you quote. Saves having them load twice.

gotrocks

Platinum Member
Tractor
B-2910 delivered 8/23/01
Grrr, you beat Tony the Tiger when it comes
GRRRReat!
Thanks for this grrreat lesson in pic posting.
Here is my Superwoman in her tomato patch.

Toms07Janet.jpg

Jimbrown

Veteran Member
Tractor
KIOTI LK30
gotrocks said:
Grrr, you beat Tony the Tiger when it comes
GRRRReat!
Thanks for this grrreat lesson in pic posting.
Here is my Superwoman in her tomato patch.

View attachment 85463

I am just so jealous that I can't see straight. There is no way I can get tomatoes to grow like that and even if I did the birds would eat everyone before I could get to them.

3RRL

Foothills of the Giant Sequoia's, California
Tractor
55HP 4WD KAMA 554 and 4 x 4 Jinma 284
Jake,
A great and informative thread. Thank you for taking the time to post all the research and detailed explanations.
I have been asked many times how to post clickable thumbnails using Photobucket and have thought about posting the instructions. But you have done it for me so thank you.

Jimbrown

Veteran Member
Tractor
KIOTI LK30
tommu56 said:
Grrrr or Rob or Larry

how do you draw on the pictures like Lary and Rob do?

tom
You do it with a photo editing program. I use Photoshop. But that is kinda pricy for most people. Here is a free one. IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide
you take the picture and then draw on it with the editing program and then save it and then post it.
Windows Paint probably works also. I have not used it so long not sure.

OP
Grrrr

Grrrr

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere!
Jimbrown said:
You do it with a photo editing program. I use Photoshop. But that is kinda pricy for most people. Here is a free one. IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide
you take the picture and then draw on it with the editing program and then save it and then post it.
Windows Paint probably works also. I have not used it so long not sure.

This is true, you have to edit the photo before you upload it to TBN.

There are different ways of doing it with different programs as mentioned, but I think the easiest way to do it is to use Paint, the free editing program included with all versions of Windows.

To open Paint, Go to Start, then All Programs or Programs and then Accessories then click on Paint.

This will open a blank white screen with a toolbar down the left hand side. The icons in the toolbar represent different drawing tools. Clicking on the Paintbrush will give you a pen that will draw a line.

To get your picture to draw on, you have to click on File and then Open. Then find the picture you want to edit. Then click Open.

You can then draw all over your picture.

To save this picture, click on Save or Save As in the File menu. Save As will let you save another copy of the picture you have edited, Save will overwrite the original picture.

Then upload it as per the other instructions.

3RRL

Tractor
Yeah,
Tom,
I use paint too. I also have infranview so either program will work.
It is important to use "save as" if you want to keep the original photo. Otherwise if you use "save" your original will be lost and the only one will be with all that scribbling on it. At least for me, since I screw up what I scribble on it, it is important to keep the original so I can screw it up too.:)

I agree with Jim that this thread should be stickied!

OP
Grrrr

Grrrr

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere!
Sorry to bring up an older topic.

I have just taken a video of my phone and got it on to another forum.

I thought about making a tutorial for uploading videos when I made this one for photos but didn't have time.

Would anyone find it usefull if I made a video uploading tutorial?

So many people have cameras and phones that can take videos, I thought that if I made one, more people would be able to show videos.

Also, many people do not realise that most digital cameras can take videos. These are easy to upload.

So, if anyone would find it usefull please reply and I will make another step by step tutorial.

tony123

Platinum Member
Tractor
YMG2000D
Very helpful thread! I always wanted to know how to do the thumbnails.

Here's my first test

OP
Grrrr

Grrrr

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere!
tony123 said:
Very helpful thread! I always wanted to know how to do the thumbnails.

Here's my first test

Glad it helped you!

It is a shame this thread wasn't stickied or added to the FAQ becasue then I think more people would learn how to do it like you have.

dfkrug

Tractor
05 Kioti CK30HST w/ Prairie Dog backhoe, XN08 mini-X
Grrrr said:
Resizing Pictures

If you have a program like Photoshop you can use this to resize your image. You are aiming to make the picture about 640 x 480 pixels.

Thanks for the useful info on posting pix, Jake.

I dont' know why this has not been brought up more often, but TBN
posters need to exercise a bit more control on the sizes of photos they
upload. Just because TBN allows 1000KB JPG photo sizes, does not mean
you should do it. Even 640x480 is too big, at over 300KB. In this thread,
both the tomato photo and the MF are only 80KB, and they are of
excellent quality and very useful size. 80K-150KB is plenty big.

BTW, photo sizes can also be taken by the camera at less than full
resolution.

Many computer users still do not have broadband access.

OP
Grrrr

Grrrr

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere!
I just found this online picture resizer. I don't think it could be any easier than this :)

Online Image Resizer - Resize digital photo, images or pictures online!

If you want to resize a picture for the benefit of dial up user go to that website, click on browse and find the picture, set the simple options it gives you and then choose the size you want.

Then click OK. It will give you the resized picture that you can right click and choose save as. Then you can upload it to the TBN servers.

Couldn't be easier could it :D Now there is no excuse not to resize pictures.

The website will even let you crop the picture.

Hope this can help someone.

3RRL

Tractor
Jake,
This is the one I use.
It is a free down load for Windows XP. If you want to resize a picture, you just right mouse click on it and the re-sizer will pop up on the menu. Click it and it will give you an option as to what size you want to re-size it. It saves a copy of the re-sized picture and does not remove your original. If you want to re-size a whole bunch at one time, hi light them all and right mouse click and do then all at once.

Here is the link to it.
Windows Picture Re-Sizer for XP

tony123

Platinum Member
Tractor
YMG2000D
Rob, thanks for that link. I just downloaded it and gave it a try. Really cool!

I was using Picasa (by google). I still use it for photo management and emailing photos, but this will work better for sending to photobucket.

OP
Grrrr

Grrrr

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere!
Rob, I have that program as well.

The reason that I posted that link was that I thought that if someone did not want to download something it might be useful. Granted you would not want to use it for a lot of pictures.

I also use Pix Resizer which is a bit more powerful in terms of features than the powertoy. It is a good free program.

I also noticed that Photobucket now have a bulk image uploader but I have not had time to look at it yet. Does it mean that you can now upload whole folders.

I have always used this to upload photos to Photobucket. It allows you to use the built in web publisher in XP to send photos to Photobucket. You can let it upload thousands of photos at a time and I think it works much much faster.

3RRL

Tractor
Jake,
I didn't even know about the bulk image uploader until I read this. LOL ... shows how much attention I pay, huh?:)
I'll check it out, so I don't know what you can do with it yet.

Using that web publishing wizard to upload looks really easy. I'm going to try it next set.
Thanks for bringing it up.

TrippleT

Gold Member
Tractor
NH TC33D, JD LX188, Wheelhorse414
Trying an experiment here. Doesn't look like it worked:eek:
C:\CellPhotos\Rainbow2.jpg

OP
Grrrr

Grrrr

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere!
TrippleT said:
Trying an experiment here. Doesn't look like it worked:eek:
C:\CellPhotos\Rainbow2.jpg
For us to be able to see your photos, you need to have uploaded it to a webserver.

This is because if the image is stored on your C:\ drive and then you turn your computer off we can't see it. (It is not actually that simple, but makes it easy to understand. You may be able to see it because that image is on your computer, but no one else has it on their C:\.)

You need to upload it to a webserver. This is just a technical name for a place to store things so as other people can see them.

This can be done using the TBN servers or Photobucket / Imageshack.

Copied from Post No 4

Grrrr said:
Inserting pictures as attachments using the TBN servers (recommended)

The end result will be like the one at the bottom of this post.
  1. Once you have resized your pictures it is sensible to put them on your desktop or somewhere else where it is easy to find them again.
  2. You then need to write the post that you wish to put the photos in with. Write out the message and then go down to the bottom of the text editor past where it says Submit Post to Manage Attachments.
  3. This will open up a popup. This popup gives you options for uploading your photos. You need to go to the box where it says Upload Files from Your Computer.
  4. In this box, click browse and find the photo on your desktop you want to upload. Then click Open. This will close the box and the path will now be in the text box.
  5. The last step is to click upload. The picture you chose will now be copied to the TBN server.
Thats it, you have uploaded your first picture. If you wish to post more than one picture in the same post you can repeat steps 4 and 5 to upload as many photos as you want.

Once you have finished, you can click on Close this window at the bottom of the popup.

Then click submit as you normally would.

This will make the image appear like the one at the bottom of this post. Have a go and try it for yourself :)

Once you have done this once you will find it easy.

Attachments

• MF135.jpg
    MF135.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 114

OP
Grrrr

Grrrr

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere!
Rob, I agree that the XP Publisher is really easy to use. Does Photobucket limit you on how many pictures you can store?

I might just go and have a look at the Bulk Uploader now...

Jimbrown

Veteran Member
Tractor
KIOTI LK30
3RRL said:
Jake,
I didn't even know about the bulk image uploader until I read this. LOL ... shows how much attention I pay, huh?:)
I'll check it out, so I don't know what you can do with it yet.

Using that web publishing wizard to upload looks really easy. I'm going to try it next set.
Thanks for bringing it up.
I really like the photobucket bulk uploader. It lets you select pictures right from your folders and none of the going back and forth with the browse command.

OP
Grrrr

Grrrr

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere!
I have just had a little experiment with the Bulk Uploader.

First, It takes a while to load so if there is no broadband access it is not much use.

Once it is loaded thought it makes it very easy to browse through the photos on your computer and select which ones you want to upload.

I like the way that you can see the photos in the tray at the bottom and right captions while looking at the photos.

I am also glad that they have made it possible to select the entire contents of a folder with the select all button on the top right.

I like it a lot and will use it. If anyone else uses Photobucket and normally uses the manual browsing for photos method, I suggest you have a go at using the Bulk Uploader some time.

3RRL

Tractor
Jake,
I don't know if/what the limit is? I just keep adding photos.
I looked at the bulk uploader too. Looks cool but I haven't tried it yet.
Does it ask you to re-size the photos?
Does it allow you to put into a new folder in Photobucket?
Or do you have to create one first?

Ok, I see now, I just tried it. You have to be in the folder you want to upload to...duh, just like always.:)

But I didn't see anything about re-sizing? Is that what that small to large sliding scale thing is? Or is that just for viewing your uploads? How do you know what size the picture is going to be?

Oh Ok, found that too now.
Below the up load tray are the image size options. Pretty cool indeed. Thanks for letting me find my own answers. :)

BTDT

Veteran Member
Tractor
IH M Farmall-propane powered, H Farmall (father-in-laws), Ford 1300 diesel
Here is the latest added to our collection of 4 legged critters

Attachments

• dog pics 002.jpg
    dog pics 002.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 116

BTDT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Well, I thought it was going to be a thumbnail pic:mad: . Oh, well, here's another

Attachments

• dog pics 003.jpg
    dog pics 003.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 105

BTDT

Veteran Member
Tractor
:mad: :mad: :mad: Trying again.

Attachments

• dog pics 001.jpg
    dog pics 001.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 95

BTDT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Oh, well, that is a teacup chihuahua that my wife wanted for Christmas. She got it early, as if you couldn't tell.

OP
Grrrr

Grrrr

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere!
What were you trying to do with that photo? Did you want it to come up as a thumbnail?

If you wanted to do it as a thumbnail you need a Photobucket account.

BTDT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ok, I'm going to try this again

dogpics004.jpg

I think pic showed up, but don't know if it is clickable or not.

dogpics002.jpg

And one more

dogpics001.jpg

BTDT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Abracadabra....clickable thumbnails.....POOF!!!

BTDT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Well, that's enough for now. I probably won't be able to remember how I did that tomorrow.

OP
Grrrr

Grrrr

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere!
Yep, thats the one :D

All a clickable thumbnail really is is just a link that is disguised as a picture pointing towards a bigger version of the same picture.

Photobucket just makes it easy :)