Photos are showing up crooked

/ Photos are showing up crooked #1  

Rutcutter

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460 4wd w/LA1055 Loader/ Rear Top and Tilt
Every time I post a picture it has rotated the picture to the left(see recent pictures) and not sure how to correct it.. I have also not been receiving an Email Notification of a reply to my topic..

Please help me with these issues as I don't have a clue..

/ Photos are showing up crooked #2  
This is normal for TBN. When I clicked the sideways thumbnail, it opened right side up.

The picture was taken with a phone held in the Portrait mode.

Tractor pictures would look better if the phone was rotated to Landscape mode.

Here is your picture downsized from way too big 2448 x 3264 to 800 x 1067 and displayed in the post Full Size:

IMG_4772.JPG

/ Photos are showing up crooked #3  
I have also not been receiving an Email Notification of a reply to my topic..

Click "My Home" at the top center of the page, click "General Settings", set the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to what you want.

Mine is set for no email:

cpo.JPG

/ Photos are showing up crooked
Thanks Xfaxman.. Just looked at my phone and it doesn't have a Landscape mode on it though.

/ Photos are showing up crooked #5  
I don't have one, but thought you would just hold it sideways, 90 degrees from the way you hold it now.

Try both ways to see if one displays upside down.

/ Photos are showing up crooked #6  
What phone do you have?
With an iPhone, it's best to hold it sideways (landscape mode) and have the home button on the right, when doing this most pics will load correctly in vBulletin forums.

/ Photos are showing up crooked #7  
I don't post from a cell phone. I'm on a computer. However, I've noticed - if I post a picture that was taken in the portrait mode, its very likely to end up in the landscape mode once its attached to my post(i.e. - lying on its side). It works much better if I use my software and convert any picture to the landscape mode prior to posting. I try to remember this also when taking pictures with my camera.

/ Photos are showing up crooked
What phone do you have?
With an iPhone, it's best to hold it sideways (landscape mode) and have the home button on the right, when doing this most pics will load correctly in vBulletin forums.

I have a iPhone 7+ and was taking pictures with it straight up but will try one holding it sideways like you suggested and see if that helps.

/ Photos are showing up crooked #9  
I have a iPhone 7+ and was taking pictures with it straight up but will try one holding it sideways like you suggested and see if that helps.

What happens is that your phone takes every picture in the same direction and then marks it as "this side up" (it can save it and get on to the next picture faster that way), your browser recognizes the "this side up" instructions, but the forum software that generates the preview thumbnails does not, so the picture may not be right side up for the preview, but it is right side up when you open the full picture.

Aaron Z