Photos of tractors on Hills

/ Photos of tractors on Hills #11  
Just getting used to the Toolcat, first time on the back of the dam. The Toolcat has 4 wheel independent suspension, so every time it dipped a little I wondered if it was going over.

After I took the picture, I opened the door, reached up, grabbed the assist handle, and hoped it would not roll over on me as I pulled myself up in to the cab. Then struggled to pull the door up, to close it. Only made two passes. Will mow the other side next, to get used to the lean. It isn't as steep, only 3 to 1.

P4010046.JPG P4010055.JPG

/ Photos of tractors on Hills #14  
I think I'm adding pic of dam I mow. Gotta hang onto high side.

That's got to be a pretty large lake or reservoir. How many acres is it? And how long is that dam???

/ Photos of tractors on Hills #15  
"That's got to be a pretty large lake or reservoir. How many acres is it? And how long is that dam???"

I think about 500 acres. Dam is .6 mile.

/ Photos of tractors on Hills #17  
First post, these were taken at different times.

Tractor us a John Deere 5101E. In San Luis obispo.

Attachments

• image-1688427121.jpg
    image-1688427121.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 284
  • image-115898576.jpg
    image-115898576.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 238
   / Photos of tractors on Hills #18  
Just getting used to the Toolcat, first time on the back of the dam. The Toolcat has 4 wheel independent suspension, so every time it dipped a little I wondered if it was going over.

After I took the picture, I opened the door, reached up, grabbed the assist handle, and hoped it would not roll over on me as I pulled myself up in to the cab. Then struggled to pull the door up, to close it. Only made two passes. Will mow the other side next, to get used to the lean. It isn't as steep, only 3 to 1.

View attachment 311426 View attachment 311427

That Toolcat is great on hills, much lower center of gravity than a tractor and 4 wheel independent.

/ Photos of tractors on Hills #19  
Wow...some steep stuff there guys!

No photos, but I have a property I mow a couple of times each year that has a steep 80 ft deep gully in the center (mostly weeds). One end of it is really steep. The first time I mowed it I backed down, but didn't have enough traction on the front end to drive back up and had to exit out the drainage at the bottom. I can mow it now...with a full bucket of dirt.

/ Photos of tractors on Hills #20  
I have a couple of what I used to think were pretty serious hills. I was going to take a couple pictures to post....then I saw DT86's pictures... I'm impressed and scared at the same time.