pic posting ?

/ pic posting ? #1  

dirtworksequip

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 JD 3520 w/cab & 300CX loader. 1995 JD 870 w/440 loader & 8b backhoe.JD 455 w/54" mower deck.
Maybe someone with more brains than me can help me figure out what and why I am having some dificulty in downloading my photos into photobucket? I go thru the whole process,but only some of the photos download. Do I have to wait a 1/2 hour to upload 6 or 7 pics? Also one of the post I made with a pic(see Country Aire Estates-pond and road building in the projects forum.) seemed to be fine last night,but now its out of focus and all messed up. What happened???

Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks

/ pic posting ? #2  
Are your file sizes so large that your ISP is choking on the data it is trying to upload? Photobucket will downsize large file sizes so a common mistake people make is to upload large file sizes. Just a thought.

/ pic posting ? #3  
Like BOB said Photobucket seems to be one of the best FREE sites I've ever founf, (besides TBN and FORESTRY FORUM:) ;) :D ) The one problem I have had with it is when I am uploading photos at a high busy time. (6pm~10 pm EST) when a lot of other users are probably doing the same thing. I have DSL so speed on my end usually is not a problem. HOWEVER my connection can come and go.

this is from memory but I'll tell ya what I do.

on Photobucket: First make sure you are in the dirrectory that you want the photos to be viewed in. I have 6 different dirrectories now, from Home to farm hobies ect. once in the dirrectory you want them put into. I click the link that you click to upload a photo has a button check box to upload more than 1 photo (up to 5) I upload those 5 at a time, (it gives you a link to a program that you can buy which will upload more than 5 at a time as well, I haven't uesd it though.) I name each photo befor uploading them, there is a text box above the photo location, after you search for the photo location & put it in then click on the name on the screen when it returns to the full view. Then click into the next box & repeat untill all 5 boxes are full. Upload them and wait untill it tells ya upload is sucessfull. then repeat untill you have the photos all put into the dirrectory you choose/was in.

thie dirrectory/folders are important as more than 20 photos you can easly get lost looking for just ONE so make up enough dirrectories to cover the photos you are going to up up, (say christmas 2006 for example) then go into that dirrectory/folder and upload those photos...

For links I use the thumbnail creator they have, go into the dirrectory and click each box below the photo you want to post. then at the very bottom of the page you click the "generate HTML" button. it takes you to a new page which has links for all the different places you can put these photos, (e-mail, bullitin boards, ebay ect.) copy the html info, from photo bucket (open in a different window/browser or tab ) and COPY those links and PASTE them into the forum if you do a BUNCH of hotos at one time you need to go back and put spaces inbetween the HTML code, which is easy. or simply click one photo at a time and generate the html for that photo.

anyhow if you need help there are 3 or 4 good users of photobucket posting here. you can PM me too if ya need more help.

mark M

/ pic posting ? #4  
One thing to do is go on the web and download a free image "resizer". I got one from Windows I think and now when I right mouse click on a photo in my computer, the menu comes up with "resize picture" as a choice. I click on that and it asks what size to make it ....small 640 x 480, medium 800 x 600 or large 1024 x 768. I usually choose the small or medium. Then it makes a copy of the picture to the new size and I upload that to Photobucket.

I click the link that you click to upload a photo has a button check box to upload more than 1 photo (up to 5) I upload those 5 at a time, (it gives you a link to a program that you can buy which will upload more than 5 at a time as well, I haven't used it though.)

Mine is the free version too and lets you upload way more than that at one time. There is small writing underneath the box on the left of the browse button that says "add more images". Click that and a bunch more boxes appear. Then it says "add even more here" and if you click that, there's like 20 boxes or so.
Check it out.

/ pic posting ?
Thanks to everyone for the help. Some load fine and I've had a few that just a partial pic came out. It would be nice if you could just drag your photos into the forum topic, but I guess it doen't work that way.

Thanks again!

/ pic posting ? #6  
I have a bunch of pics on photobucket, but I only use them for Pondboss.com as they have a different type of website. Here on TBN, I like to post pictures from the "Go Advanced" reply section. There, it's a simple matter of clicking on the "Manage Attachments" button, then "Browse" until you find the picture you want to post.

Before I do that, I right click on the picuture that I want to post and resize it. If you don't have micorosofts image resizer, it's a free download from them.

Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP

Then scroll down the right side of the screen to the "Image Resizer" download.

After I resize a picture, it apears at the very bottom of my folder. I like to "cut" the picture and move it to another folder that I keep all my pictures at that I have resized. I named it my "A Pics" so I can find it quickly and easily every time I add pictures to a post.

There are other ways, but this is very simple once you get the hang of it and it's very reliable.

Good luck,
Eddie

/ pic posting ?
Thanks Eddie, I have to mess around and try that. Sounds like it might be faster. How far are you from Sugarland, Texas?

/ pic posting ? #8  
I did a yahoo maps search and came up with 254 miles, or 4 hours and 30 minites straight North.

Eddie