Picked up a GC2300 fixer-upper. :D :D

/ Picked up a GC2300 fixer-upper. :D :D #11  
I tried to live with stiff pedal and not returning but knee injuries sort of drove me to fix it.
180$ and few hours my time last year prob saved me thousands of$ in car strikes when snow blowing

/ Picked up a GC2300 fixer-upper. :D :D
Thanks again for replies guys. You guys have me taking notes!

DMW. With my luck I'm definitely going to look into a skid plate. Was this ever an OEM option? Thanks for making me aware of this. I have several roots and branches I need to clean up that might be looking for revenge.

/ Picked up a GC2300 fixer-upper. :D :D #13  
Thanks again for replies guys. You guys have me taking notes!

DMW. With my luck I'm definitely going to look into a skid plate. Was this ever an OEM option? Thanks for making me aware of this. I have several roots and branches I need to clean up that might be looking for revenge.
contact these guys
they will provide instructions on what you need to do and you will get a plate that flows air as well as protects filter/fan.
yeah on older models like yours (and mine) may need to drill few holes but heres the thing....they email you specific details AND their plates do NOT block airflow over transaxle while protecting filter, fan, and transaxle.

/ Picked up a GC2300 fixer-upper. :D :D #14  
Interestingly, the hood on that Massey has almost faded to Kubota orange...lol

/ Picked up a GC2300 fixer-upper. :D :D #15  
Nice, I wouldnt worry about the paint just rust.

/ Picked up a GC2300 fixer-upper. :D :D #16  
FWIW: I believe what you have is an early version of the 2300, which did not have a protector for the transmission filter. I have one of the last ones (MY 2007) which does have a small protector. Better than nothing, but it's not as good as aftermarket ones.

Interestingly, the hood on that Massey has almost faded to Kubota orange...lol
Lol

I'd paint the rest orange but I'm pretty sure that's a crime against humanity. 8P

It was dark when I took the pic. My friends were demanding I send them a picture. Just a bad pic. It is quite faded but certainly not the devil's orange.

why did MF use bubble gum grade rubber for the steering wheel bushings? Anyone see an issue replacing them with plastic or metal?

/ Picked up a GC2300 fixer-upper. :D :D #19  
why did MF use bubble gum grade rubber for the steering wheel bushings? Anyone see an issue replacing them with plastic or metal?
The rubber they used was fine originally. Mine lasted about 10 years. It turns to bubble gum over time. Just like the seals in the FEL control valve.

You can make your own bushings with a hole saw, and a piece of rubber of your choice.

MF, wants like $40 for them. Clearly, they feel no guilt.

You can change them without pulling everything apart. It's a little challenging though.

Added 45 adpters to the curl cylinder hoses to reduce bending at the fitting. They were the first hoses to go.

Attachments

• Loader hose.JPG
    Loader hose.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 200

To anybody reading, this is great advice. the previous owner replaced this exact line on my loader with custom hose without a 45. The bulkier aftermarket fittings rubbed against the old line and it's now leaking. Thanks again DWM.