Spreader Picked up a Herd M-96 3 pt spreader

/ Picked up a Herd M-96 3 pt spreader #1  

Builder

East PA or 750 mi. east of a short man named Dar__
Tractor
Kubota, AGCO, New Holland LB
Herd Seeder Co. Inc.

Does $150 seem like a fair price? Best I could find new was like $399.

This one is about an 8-8.5 out of 10 in condition. I already bought it, but wasn't sure if I overpaid.

I found it on "sgiarc tsil". It's a secret squirrel way of spelling one of the websites we're not allowed to mention on TBN- check your secret squirrel decoder kit on how to decode the encripted message. :)

Last edited:
   / Picked up a Herd M-96 3 pt spreader #2  
No wonder I don't understand stuff ya'll guys talk about. guess I have to go buy cracker jack boxes till I get the right decoder. Anyhow I buy as much used implements as I can. When you fiquire percent of life left verses how much you paid the numbers look good. And its not like you have to worry about how it was maintained like something with a engine.

/ Picked up a Herd M-96 3 pt spreader #3  
$150 is a super deal if it's in great shape as you say...I have been looking for two years and have not found a used one yet! Heck...I have not even found a new one for $399...

/ Picked up a Herd M-96 3 pt spreader #4  
I got lucky and picked one up at a machinery auction for $75 in great shape; not sure on the model # but it looks just like that. Only problem is I have to cut the CAT II pins off and weld on CAT I. Also picked up a barely used danhauser post hole digger for $400 ($1900 new) at the same auction.

/ Picked up a Herd M-96 3 pt spreader #6  
$150 sounds like a good price to me for the condition you describe. I picked one up a while back for $90 but probably have close to $150 in it by the time I've replaced various worn or rusted parts. It does work really well though.