Picked up a Project

/ Picked up a Project #1  

clemsonfor

Tractor
Yanmar YM2000
I got a project tractor today. It's a 186. Not running currently. Missing a few parts and unknown condition. The electrical system is there....but hanging to describe it! Tires hold air though!

Attachments

• IMG_20190924_171455936_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190924_171455936_HDR.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 190
  • IMG_20190924_172037583_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190924_172037583_HDR.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 200
   / Picked up a Project #3  
That's a wonderful model. I bought one, then replaced it with another that has a loader and power steering.

You'll love it if you can get it going. But with so much missing from that one, you might decide to part it out if you find major problems.

Did you get a story from the guy explaining why he destroyed the wiring?

/ Picked up a Project
The wireing was like that when he got it. He said he took it on a trade with a " locked down motor" . He said it was locked when he got it. Pulled the head and oil pan and verified pistons were free and cylinders looked good. So he said he split it. And the bell housing vwas half full of mud and had the flywheel locked up. Cleaned that out and it's free now. He lost interest at that point and just put it back togeather and stopped.

As far as what's missing, there is always more than you first notice, but right now it has no radiator hoses, and is missing the top piece of the air cleaner, I have the bottoms and plastic though. Also there is bolts here n there missing I'm sure. I do have the side covers, there just in the vehicle in the pics. It had a can over the intake to keep rain out all these years.

The fuel cap plastic is gone so rain has got in it, fuel bowl is busted so I know it hasn't been run in years just looking at that stuff. He said he pulled it out of a shed when he got it. I believe the guy cause he had nice stuff and appeared well off and for no more than I paid he didn't have to do much selling of the thing to get me to buy it so it lends more credibility to what he said, just because he didn't get rich quick by passing off his basket case to me.

/ Picked up a Project #5  
Dang Clemsonfor! I don't know how much you paid for it or if it was a trade of some sort, but that would be a fun little tractor to have once you get it running again.

/ Picked up a Project #6  
Looks like a neat winter project (at least if inside with some heat), most of the missing parts should not be too hard to come by. It should be a fun tractor once in running condition. Nice find.

/ Picked up a Project
For those wondering where this tractor came from. Well all the credit goes to my friend and southern Brother over in Georgia, Carey. He posted it in another thread. I saw it was closer to me than him, he said he passed on it because he had too much to keep up with already and doesn't have an indoor shop to work on things. I asked him to delete his post so that someone wouldn't beat me to it. I finished what I was doing and went home for the trailer and made the hour and 45 minute trip to the mountains of SC to pick it up.

I am glad he posted it cause I would have never seen it. My C pro app got buggy sobi deleted it.