Picked up an old T1400 Kubota, help reassemble PTO disengagement

/ Picked up an old T1400 Kubota, help reassemble PTO disengagement #1  

JamesAC

Hello All,

We picked up a 330hr T1400 this weekend for finishing around the house on new property we just moved to. Our first kubota in preparation for the big tractor. Our first riding anything and we don't yet have any manuals. On our previous 12 acres we did everything manually and by hand with stihl brushcutters and non propelled lawn mowers.

I ran by the shop on the way home then last night we dropped the deck and replaced all the belts.

What I thought would be an intuitive reassembly has us confused. There is a cable on the deck side that brakes the belt against the pulley. The far end of that is mounted on a frame rail. When you pull the PTO engagement lever a diagonal looks to pull or release this cable against the frame rail which in turn works the brake on the deck.

It only fits one way onto the frame rail and the way we can fit it means the brake is permanently disengaged which allows the blades to still spin a bit even when the blade's drive belt is loose. We're clearly doing something wrong.

Any help on how this should be mounted? Maybe someone has an album of photos or can describe? I can post a photo tomorrow.

Thanks!
James in Bonham TX

/ Picked up an old T1400 Kubota, help reassemble PTO disengagement #2  
That's no spring chicken! You dealer should be able to copy the parts breakdown for you but it still might not give you enough info.

/ Picked up an old T1400 Kubota, help reassemble PTO disengagement #3  
I'm not trying to be a smarty-pants, but this is where digital cameras photos with "before disassembly" and "during disassembly" really help.

/ Picked up an old T1400 Kubota, help reassemble PTO disengagement
CATMAN said:
I'm not trying to be a smarty-pants, but this is where digital cameras photos with "before disassembly" and "during disassembly" really help.

It really was a pretty simple assembly. It's always those you have to watch I guess haha :eek:

I found a parts blow up and through that see that the cable end attaches to the idler pulley arm that tensions the belt when PTO is engaged rather than the identical hole placed on the frame rail behind the PTO lever - which is where the length and bend of the cable seemed to want to place it.

Thanks all. Did several passes of 700' driveway edge and some of the runway last night.

Attachments

• t141.JPG
    t141.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 9,650
   / Picked up an old T1400 Kubota, help reassemble PTO disengagement #5  
ALOHA! PLEASE FORGIVEMY CAPS ONTHR KEY BOARD, I HAVE EYE PROBLRMS FROMNOT SLEEPING FORM MY FAILED SEVERAL BACK SURGERIES.

I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS USED TRHEIR NEW J.D. 115 A RIDING MOWER YET. I NOW HAVE 5.4 HOURS ON MINE NOW. HAVE YOU HAD ANY PROBLEMS OVER THE LAST SUMMER WITH IT YET. I JUST BOUGHT MUNE IN DEC. OF 2006.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU NDEED. ALOHA!

BOYKOALLEY@YAHOO.COM