Picked up my BX1850...

/ Picked up my BX1850... #1  

midtnvol

Tractor
2008 BX1850
from the dealer the other day and now I'm already tired of it. It just sits there and does nothing. I finally decided to chop up the remaining leaves and it did great. Now it's too wet and cold to do anything. I was going to tiller up the garden but the ground is too wet. I could use the box blade to level off a few places but it's too wet for that too. Any ideas? By the way, I'm new here and got much of my advice from you folks before I purchased. You guys know your stuff. (My first post besides the intro area.).

/ Picked up my BX1850... #2  
Your not sharing much info for us to help much. Nothing on your profile to indicate your location or implements. From your name I'm assuming you are Heaven forbid one of those Tn Vol fans.:) Surely no one would use that name if they weren't. Are they going to even have any sports teams next year, if that's where your from?:) Moving on, if you are truly located in Tn, unless your in the higher elevations where it snows, you'll have to do like most of us from Ky. Go look at it a couple of times a month and make sure it hasn't been stolen. Maybe try to start it to make sure it hasn't died from lack of use. Check for mice under the hood. Take a few hundred pictures of it before you dent or scratch it. Drive it back and forth to the mailbox unless the mailbox is on your porch. On warm days drive it over to the neighbors and sit on it while you talk to them and then when they are watching drop the 3ph to show them without words that it's more than a big lawn mower. Also if there are any ditches between you and the neighbor be sure and drive it through the ditch instead of staying on the road. Be sure and check it more often after this demonstration to ensure it hasn't been stolen.:) Offer to plow the inch of snow off of the Church parking lot knowing it will be melted before you could ever get it there. Spend lots of time asking what if questions on TBN.:) Course that's usually done by people that don't have a tractor and have never actually ever seen one. Enjoy these little bits of use until that grass gets going. Make a good plan of how to totally dig all your plants and trees up to totally redo your yard. Do you have a FEL? Looks like you have a tiller and boxblade. Pick a spot in your yard and when it drys up a bit go till up a 6' by 20' strip then dig the crap out of it with the boxblade. If you have a FEL then after using tiller and BB push the dirt all to one end then push it all back down and level it out then repeat several times through the winter. This should get you through the winter if you do it every time it gets dry enough. If any one asks what your doing, just grin and tell them they will have to just wait and see when you finish. When warm weather returns you can seed it with grass or make a flower garden and then tell them like your not crazy, see what my plan was the whole time and then ask them "now who's the srazy one?" Congratulations on your purchase and enjoy!!! As you may be able to figure out I'm in Ky and can't use my tractors so I have to spend alot of time creating stories for TBN!:)

/ Picked up my BX1850... #5  
JOHNTHOMAS,

Sounds like winter in Missouri. I have chat to haul, brush to clear and dirt to till, but it is just too darned wet and will be unless it freezes and then I can't do dirt work and so on.

/ Picked up my BX1850... #6  
JOHNTHOMAS,

Sounds like winter in Missouri. I have chat to haul, brush to clear and dirt to till, but it is just too darned wet and will be unless it freezes and then I can't do dirt work and so on.
Who's Chat?

/ Picked up my BX1850... #7  
   / Picked up my BX1850... #8  
from the dealer the other day and now I'm already tired of it. It just sits there and does nothing. I finally decided to chop up the remaining leaves and it did great. Now it's too wet and cold to do anything. I was going to tiller up the garden but the ground is too wet. I could use the box blade to level off a few places but it's too wet for that too. Any ideas? By the way, I'm new here and got much of my advice from you folks before I purchased. You guys know your stuff. (My first post besides the intro area.).

Drink beer and watch TV until the ground dries.

JayC