Picked up TC 45DA from dealer and found damage

/ Picked up TC 45DA from dealer and found damage #31  
This is the correct answer. Doing it with the dealer's guy standing there is even better :)
you got that right! i learned years and years ago that when in a tuff situation the first thing i ask is the persons full name, "just do i can make note of it".

It doesn't hurt to ask......and who do you report to, what is your bosses full name.

That generally gets them to pay a little more attention.

/ Picked up TC 45DA from dealer and found damage
So they replaced seal #12 and seal #2. How could they not remove the knuckle to replace this seal?

Attachments

• PXL_20210912_113511443.jpg
    PXL_20210912_113511443.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 84
   / Picked up TC 45DA from dealer and found damage #33  
They had to separate the tie rod end. It probably was tight so they used a pry bar and a shop hammer on the side to jar loose. Either the pry bar slipped or the hammer glanced off the knuckle arm.

One thing to consider, although I am not making excuses for the response, is that it is very likely the same thing could have happened if any of us was doing the work. We do not know what the tech was dealing with in tearing it down and sometimes things just happen.

The question becomes who is responsible for the repair? If you had done the work yourself obviously you would have to fix it. If the owner of the company was not a idiot he would have had a conversation with you about a solution.

That said, I had a customer one time that brought me a piece of junk car to work on. As I was attempting to repair everything I touched broke. So I called him and said it was going to take more money than originally quoted because of all the issues. He went crazy yelling and screaming it was all my fault. So I pushed his car out into the street and told him to call a wrecker or I would. That was that.

So a lot of times the response from the customer can cause a negative outcome. I am always willing to work with someone willing to work with me.

/ Picked up TC 45DA from dealer and found damage
They had to separate the tie rod end. It probably was tight so they used a pry bar and a shop hammer on the side to jar loose. Either the pry bar slipped or the hammer glanced off the knuckle arm.

One thing to consider, although I am not making excuses for the response, is that it is very likely the same thing could have happened if any of us was doing the work. We do not know what the tech was dealing with in tearing it down and sometimes things just happen.

The question becomes who is responsible for the repair? If you had done the work yourself obviously you would have to fix it. If the owner of the company was not a idiot he would have had a conversation with you about a solution.

That said, I had a customer one time that brought me a piece of junk car to work on. As I was attempting to repair everything I touched broke. So I called him and said it was going to take more money than originally quoted because of all the issues. He went crazy yelling and screaming it was all my fault. So I pushed his car out into the street and told him to call a wrecker or I would. That was that.

So a lot of times the response from the customer can cause a negative outcome. I am always willing to work with someone willing to work with me.
I have had this before. I build Jeeps in my shop and had one come in for a lift. I saw one wheel had wallowed out lugnut holes and told him about it when he came to pick it up. Later on he calls me back and asked why his wheel came off. I reminded him I told him about the wheel and I had torqued the lugnuts to their specified torque. Even sent him the certifications where my torque wrenches get calibrated every six months.

/ Picked up TC 45DA from dealer and found damage #35  
1631457129307.png