PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #501  
IMG_6629.JPG

Not too far away.

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #503  
I'm curious about your E Bike. How long can you go on a charge? Can you add to the charge by peddling? Generate your own electricity? Is there any exercise in it, or is it just for fun?

I've thought about getting one for the land. Small, nimble, quiet and easy to get around on my roads real fast when I just want to check on things.
My e bike is a class I, the assist cuts out at 20 mph. There is no throttle, you have to pedal to make it go. There are 4 assist levels, the lowest you are doing two thirds of the pedaling and the bike one third. The highest setting the bike does two thirds, you one third. Depending on wind, hills and the assist level the range is 25 miles to 90 miles. The way I ride I get around 40 miles.

They also make class II, has a throttle, you don’t have to pedal, limited to 20 mph. Class III is limited to 28 mph, may or may not have a throttle.

As a rule you plug it into to charge it, no charging when riding, no braking regeneration. Cost? Huge range, $1000 to $10,000. A good one is in the $2500 to $3500. With my bike you do get exercise. The best description for an e bike is you will ride further, faster and more often than a regular bike.

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #504  
Thanks. I had no idea that there where different levels. I've only seen them a few times on TV. Never seen a real one in person.

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #505  
Eddie, there are places you can rent. That’s what we did when we were in Colorado, lets you get a feel for them. One reason for the different classes is some places, some bike trails limit the class, usually class I but I think enforcement isn’t common.

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #506  
I’ve read some places won’t let you use an e bike on a bike trail, as it’s a motorized vehicle.
No personal experience.

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #507  
I’ve read some places won’t let you use an e bike on a bike trail, as it’s a motorized vehicle.
No personal experience.
I’ve read that also but I think it’s rare. I track my rides with an app and ride about 2 to 3 mph faster on my e bike. I average about 13 to 15mph riding.
Todays barn picture. A nice very well maintained one. If you look at the left front of the barn a homemade tractor.
7A58F14D-B681-49DC-8760-4AD8A10B2CDE.jpeg

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #508  
No personal experience.
You also can't use them to hunt on public land, here in Iowa anyway.

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #509  
Barn of the day. This one hasn’t seen any maintenance in the last several years based on the size of the trees growing up beside it. Of all the barns I shot pictures of the broken down ones are my favorite for some reason.
99A9BE08-CCCC-4D63-8CAF-C90510047E94.jpeg
EDD68E3A-FD8F-4407-9D59-604C2624B267.jpeg