pics of my grapple

/ pics of my grapple #11  
That looks good:)
I'm sure it is easily removed when not needed right??

/ pics of my grapple #12  
m7040 said:
It is called the Thumb by Greens Machine shop. See attached for a few more pics

Very nice setup you have (thumb and house) so could not help noting the great looking log house/addition you have.

Most mpressive looking property and equipment.

Carl

/ pics of my grapple
just pull the pins and it comes off. Be ready for the weight it is quite heavy. Yes the old farm was deeded in 1800 and the log cabin was the first building built according to the county research. It is built over an spring that runs through the basement so when the indians attacked water was available. Farm also has a huge barn of post/beam construction all built of chestnut wood that now is gone due to the blight

/ pics of my grapple #14  
I hadn't thought about removing the pin to remove the grapple arm and leave the base in place. I had always thought that if it needed to be removed you would have to mount it with bolts. That's pretty slick. Now I'm more interested. Can't really beat the price over buying a whole new grapple.

M7040-Had you considered putting two on there? I've seen some grapple buckets that have grapples similar to the thumb but have two mounted, working somewhat independently. But I guess it's kind of late now. It's probably not necessary and of course doubles the cost and labor!

Here are the links to the sites for "The Thumb":

Note: I am not affiliated with "The Thumb" grapple or Greens Machine Shop in any way and I do not receive commision. Just providing a free service to fellow TBNers.:D

/ pics of my grapple
One is good enough for me. Tested it on brush this afternoon and it worked great. Used the bucket to doze the brush together and then clamped the Thumd down when a huge pile was generated and then lifted up and backed out. Cleared a large area in no time

/ pics of my grapple #16  
Very nice. I find the grapple to be the most useful attachment I have. I can't wait to use it on my NEW 7040! Are you using the Kubota third function remote or another?

/ pics of my grapple #17  
keving said:
I can't wait to use it on my NEW 7040! Are you using the Kubota third function remote or another?

Yeah, that's the question I had too. I meant to ask it earlier. It seems that most people have rigged their grapple up to one of the rear remotes. There are apparently other ways that you can add a switch as well. But, of course, if you have a 3rd function remote on the FEL that would be even better. I am planning to have my dealer install the 3rd function remote valve on my NEW 7040!:D

/ pics of my grapple #18  
Hey m7040,
Sent you a message with question on the M7040. Let me know if you don't get and I can just ask here. BTW, that is a great looking rig you have there.

Blksim

/ pics of my grapple
keving, it is connected to the front outlets controlled from the joystick

/ pics of my grapple #20  
m7040 said:
keving, it is connected to the front outlets controlled from the joystick

That would be the third function valve. If I'm correct, just push the button and the side-to-side motion of the joystick is diverted over from dumping to operate the grapple as an open and close. Push the other button and it's coverted back to the dump function. Correct me if I'm wrong.