Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #1  

Lineman North Florida

Veteran Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 360 DTC with FEL & John Deere 5093E with FEL ,Kubota SVL 75-2
So several people said they enjoyed my pictures from some of my forestry mowing jobs, so instead of cluttering up hay dudes thread I will post in this thread. It has been a rainy week here in North Florida but I was able to squeeze in a couple of jobs, 1 bush hogging job of about 14 acres and 1 of my bread and butter forestry mowing jobs, here is a before and after picture of the forestry mowing job, customer was very happy and asked when I could come back for another day of property management.
20230623_083000.jpg
20230623_082520 (5).jpg

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #2  
Would you mind sharing what you charge per day or hour?

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor
Would you mind sharing what you charge per day or hour?
I charge $150.00 per hour for me and the skidsteer , for tractor work I charge between $50- $75 per hour.

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #4  
That’s good money. I don’t know what you can cover in an hour, but I charge between $150-$200 for a 15’ batwing and 130HP Challenger tractor. I can cut quite a bit in an hour. I have been vigorously raising my rates towards $200/hour and only had 1 customer threaten to get bids instead of keep me.
I charge $150.00 per hour for me and the skidsteer , for tractor work I charge between $50- $75 per hour.

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #5  
So several people said they enjoyed my pictures from some of my forestry mowing jobs, so instead of cluttering up hay dudes thread I will post in this thread. It has been a rainy week here in North Florida but I was able to squeeze in a couple of jobs, 1 bush hogging job of about 14 acres and 1 of my bread and butter forestry mowing jobs, here is a before and after picture of the forestry mowing job, customer was very happy and asked when I could come back for another day of property management.View attachment 807482View attachment 807483
:oops: (y)

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor
That’s good money. I don’t know what you can cover in an hour, but I charge between $150-$200 for a 15’ batwing and 130HP Challenger tractor. I can cut quite a bit in an hour. I have been vigorously raising my rates towards $200/hour and only had 1 customer threaten to get bids instead of keep me.
Most of the jobs I get for tractor bush hogging are 10 acres or less and usually have quite a few trees with low hanging branches that I need my small tractor to mow around, I use a 6' mower for those jobs with a 35 hp tractor and can mow all day on less than 10 gallons of diesel. If I get any bigger I am going to have to buy a batwing mower, but I really prefer the skid steer work and I may need to go up on my rates, I am just going to have to sit down and run all the numbers and see , but so far it is working out.

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #8  
Can't shred cactus. That just makes more of it. It's like potatoes. A little piece will grow a whole new plant. I've been fighting that battle for years, but I've made head way on most of the front. The brushy area is too thick to get the tractor in to dig them out or spray. :confused: And way too many Rattle snakes to go traipsing in there on foot. o_O

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #10  
That's a good deal for your customers!
Agree on the “tractor work” price. $50-$75 is a steal. I charge $40/hour for a guy with a weed wacker. I’m charging $150/hour for a farm tractor just doing loader or grapple work.

In reality, I charge “per job”, not really per hour. Charging per hour gets you “locked in” by your customer too much. A “job price” gives me more flexibility.