Pictures of freeing stuck equipment with your tractor

/ Pictures of freeing stuck equipment with your tractor #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
Friend of mine got stuck on Sunday. He was pulling up close to a steep bank and slid down the embankment into a soft spot.
I went over to his place after church and got him out.

Here’s the situation when I arrived in my Challenger MT535B. My friend is going down to his Ford compact tractor with a backhoe. I already have the chain on the subframe.

1717813131982.jpeg

Slowly pulling him up the bank.

1717813229420.jpeg

Smiles came back as the Challenger easily pulled the little Ford up onto the grass.

1717813361960.jpeg

We talked a bit afterwards. He wanted to pay me $100 bucks and as I usually do, refused to take any money.
What are friends for?

Lets get a thread going with your stories & pictures of helping a friend. Happens to all of us!

/ Pictures of freeing stuck equipment with your tractor #2  
My neighbors across the street have some real swampy ground behind their house. They have got several different pieces of equipment burried back there including a compact Kubota tractor and a big old Chevy Suburban field car.

One time they got the suburban in so deep that the mud and water was about half way up the doors. There wasn’t any dry ground very close to it. I grabbed every chain I had, a long 1/2” wire rope, a snatch block, and my JD 4120 loader tractor.

I rigged the snatch block, to double my pull, and still had about all I could do to yank that thing out of the big mud hole. The thick mud just didn’t want to let go of it.

/ Pictures of freeing stuck equipment with your tractor #3  
I pulled this out with my 40 excavator. I got the water low enough we were going to try to start the Case but it wouldn’t start.
IMG_7436.JPG
IMG_7437.JPG

/ Pictures of freeing stuck equipment with your tractor
Hard to believe the Case survived the water getting into everything.

/ Pictures of freeing stuck equipment with your tractor #7  
I have to say, I've never been stuck to the point where I could not use the bucket on my FEL to lever myself out. The 'trick' if you will to getting stuck and unstuck is to not keep digging for China and use some common sense.... and if it looks wet and or muddy, avoid it until it dries up.

/ Pictures of freeing stuck equipment with your tractor #8  
I have to say, I've never been stuck to the point where I could not use the bucket on my FEL to lever myself out. The 'trick' if you will to getting stuck and unstuck is to not keep digging for China and use some common sense.... and if it looks wet and or muddy, avoid it until it dries up.
I did get the big tractor stuck once but was able to dig in and push back while applying a little power. The trick is to limit your wheel spin. I ended up making a heck of a hole that I cleaned up later when it dried up...And I stuck the SS with a big BH on it trying to cross a wet creek, But I hooked the big Terex 640 to it and got the neighbor to drive the bobcat 773 and she came right out. cleaning the mud off of it was a bigger project than pulling her out... This year I started building a stone crossing with all the rocks I collected in the field next door.

/ Pictures of freeing stuck equipment with your tractor #9  
My buddy got his LS stuck again, same field, same hole as last year lol. It took 3 neighbor tractors pulling together to pull it out.

MT355E/HE - 55HP

View attachment 874480
I too once had my YM2610 stuck up to the axles just like this. It was a drought, my pond had no viable water and the pond bottom was cracked. There was this weedy island of sorts near the middle. What a time to go in there and flatten it.

Well, needless to say, I drove out there with confidence, turned around dropped the blade down. Once the soil was opened, down I went!

Took the RAM 2500HD, all the chains I could find, over 300FT, put the machine in creeper, no operator behind the wheel, got into the RAM, placed it in low. Took a slow long time, but got it out. Cried with joy and cried with pain as the mud caked on quickly. Ever try to take off pond bottom mud off of a machine. It stinks and is like CEMENT !!! Spend an entire afternoon with the power washer on the machine.

Since then, I've not ventured near water holes nor dried wet areas.

/ Pictures of freeing stuck equipment with your tractor #10  
My old Terex 640 was the worst as it weighed over 10k. Sink like a stone comes to mind. The MX5200 weighs half as much fully outfitted. Still I avoid the creek like the plague after it rains. Our clay soil is hard as a rock when dry and the consistency of oatmeal when wet.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2019 Chevrolet Express (A33526)
2019 Chevrolet...
8 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
8 Yard steel end...
Spike Tooth Drag Harrow (A33349)
Spike Tooth Drag...
8 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
8 Yard steel end...
Truck tool box (A33544)
Truck tool box...
6 8' GATES (A32908)
6 8' GATES (A32908)