Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,691  
That looks like it will be fun to run. Did it replace your MX5100?

That's the plan, we can't really be without a tractor so we decided to overlap. Wanted to run the 5740 for a month or so and then work on selling the MX5100. But broke my right ankle 3 weeks ago so very little is getting done around here. I've got a walking boot and can now apply just enough pressure to nudge the HST treadle, so the transition is going to be a little longer. It was a big effort just to move the plow from one machine to the other, whereas normally that'd be 5 or 10 minutes you'd never even think about. My wife is gong to help me tomorrow with a few other tasks (tire chains is the big one) to get the 5740 ready in case it does snow this week.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,692  
That's the plan, we can't really be without a tractor so we decided to overlap. Wanted to run the 5740 for a month or so and then work on selling the MX5100. But broke my right ankle 3 weeks ago so very little is getting done around here. I've got a walking boot and can now apply just enough pressure to nudge the HST treadle, so the transition is going to be a little longer. It was a big effort just to move the plow from one machine to the other, whereas normally that'd be 5 or 10 minutes you'd never even think about. My wife is gong to help me tomorrow with a few other tasks (tire chains is the big one) to get the 5740 ready in case it does snow this week.

I hope you have a quick recovery. Don't forget the 5740 has cruise control but that won't help you in reverse.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,693  
I hate to ask what one of those would cost with a few Attachments.

Too much. The 12 to 15 year old Unimogs like that are going for about $70k to $80k in the USA, without the snow cutter. There is really no way to import the new ones into the U.S. When they get to be 50+ years old they're quite a bit more affordable...

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,694  
I hate to ask what one of those would cost with a few Attachments.

Lots. You don't want one of the new one's anyway, DPF, trouble some CPU's, etc. Here's an idea though, slightly used (30k km's) with FEL and a few options, no 4wheel steer or anything fancy:

Attachments

• yeeks.jpg
    yeeks.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 251
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #3,695  
I hope you have a quick recovery. Don't forget the 5740 has cruise control but that won't help you in reverse.

Thanks, I've been using it. Wish it worked in reverse, I could imagine using it going very slowly blowing snow. Putting the front chains on isn't in the cards for today. My wife put them on for me and it was clear quite a few links need to be removed, fastening hooks moved, etc. I just got started on it when I realized my normal method for doing this would involve multiple installs/removals to insure I get the optimal fit, that's too much for today.

One thing I discovered today is that the 5740's seat switch is too sensitive. It cut out momentarily 3 or 4 times when I was turned to look the rear, or when just shifting my weight on the seat. And I kept forgetting that this machine as nice side-view mirrors.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,696  
Lots. You don't want one of the new one's anyway, DPF, trouble some CPU's, etc. Here's an idea though, slightly used (30k km's) with FEL and a few options, no 4wheel steer or anything fancy:

4 wheel steer? Our mog doesn't even have power steering! Yet.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,697  

You must be the man - if you are judging by the price of your toy!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,698  
You must be the man - if you are judging by the price of your toy!

That ain't mine, and I couldn't ever afford one :) Mines a '77 406 with a whopping 84hp, I got it at a significant discount compared to what the original sticker price was ;) I do tell everyone I drive a "Mercedes Convertible" though....

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,699  
Putting my snowblower to rest for the season.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,700  
Eric
For the quick hitch, I made a "horse" to keep it on while not on the 3 ph being used... only when I use the rototiller once a year.
Made it to fit a 4 wheel dolly to just roll it around and keep it in a reasonable position to pin back onto the 3 ph as I found it awkward to handle for one person.

Attachments

• iMatch_saddle.JPG
    iMatch_saddle.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 213