Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,381  
I dont even want to think about blowing out sprinklers yet, much less pulling snow equip out. where did fall go.
I hear you there... WAY to much that needs to get done before the snow flies! Forecast says at least 4 days of Sunshine so a Bit of Indian Summer before the frost starts showing up.

Just a bit excited to have a new method of moving the white stuff and this is one of only a few implements ever bought new.
It was by far the most expensive. I did save around $150 bucks on the deal by being the one who will uncrate and do the assembly, so anxious to get it in my possession so I can get it all set up and tested.

Come to think of it I also need to go through my walk behind snow blower drive for the tracks as well...
Something was jamming up at the end of last year and stopping it dead literally in it's "tracks".
My guess is either failed shaft bearings or partial gear failure in part of the planetary drive but won't know until I get in there.
At least I have a back up snow pusher with the 550 TLB this year, but absolutely dislike the R4 tires when it gets slick.
Going to install Kold Kutter Ice Racing screws to improve its traction.

Yep, plenty to do before the Snow flies :)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,382  
I dont even want to think about blowing out sprinklers yet, much less pulling snow equip out. where did fall go.
We started getting snow in the hills a couple weeks ago. It melted off but the weather is changing fast! Our two seasons here in western WY are winter and prepare for winter.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,383  
Our forecast.. It will be a short lived and sticky mess.
1665922943886.png

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,384  
It's too early for this stuff guys, dang it.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,386  
I'd love a syncro trans, but figure it's way easier to just learn how to shift it.
Look at it this way, you don't have to insure it for theft as 99% of would be thief's cannot drive it anyway. Like my 5 speed Ford Focus. Today, most of the younger set haven't a clue what the 3rd pedal is for let alone the shift lever with the 'cryptic' symbols on it....

Time to learn how to double clutch or float the gears, either one works.

Last time my wife and I went to the University Club for dinner, the parking valet got in and could not even figure out how to start it (you have to clutch it to start is, has a safety interlock on the clutch pedal). I wound up parking it myself...lol

We now live in the PRNDL generation.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,387  
So as I anxiously await the testing in real world conditions on improved Chinese mossimo 2.0 snowblower,atv setup down state made sure my other conventional plow setup is ready to go in the UP. Also started burning wood earlier this year than most up there. Leaving my place in the u.p. tomorrow in the forecasted blizzard 🥶.

Attachments

• KIMG1214.JPG
    KIMG1214.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 79
  • KIMG1215.JPG
    KIMG1215.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
  • KIMG1213.JPG
    KIMG1213.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 80
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #6,389  
I hear you there... WAY to much that needs to get done before the snow flies! Forecast says at least 4 days of Sunshine so a Bit of Indian Summer before the frost starts showing up.

Just a bit excited to have a new method of moving the white stuff and this is one of only a few implements ever bought new.
It was by far the most expensive. I did save around $150 bucks on the deal by being the one who will uncrate and do the assembly, so anxious to get it in my possession so I can get it all set up and tested.

Come to think of it I also need to go through my walk behind snow blower drive for the tracks as well...
Something was jamming up at the end of last year and stopping it dead literally in it's "tracks".
My guess is either failed shaft bearings or partial gear failure in part of the planetary drive but won't know until I get in there.
At least I have a back up snow pusher with the 550 TLB this year, but absolutely dislike the R4 tires when it gets slick.
Going to install Kold Kutter Ice Racing screws to improve its traction.

Yep, plenty to do before the Snow flies :)
Have to chain up my R4s myself. Otherwise i slide all over the ice.