Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,071  
very nice, is that that the econor 68 inch inverted?

Its funny i saw a posting by you yesterday about sheyanne loader blowers and was about to ask you why you had not considered inverted - i guess you had

I love my 74 inv pronovost i think you'll really like your normand

What push box is that?

The snow box is a Grattex, I looked at a lot of snow boxes and Grattex seemed to have good design and my 6' box weighs in at 500#. The 6' scraper on the bottom is actually two 3 foot pieces and they are trip edges. IMG_4748.jpg

I wanted the 74" Provonost, I just do not have the recommended pto horsepower. I have to say the 68" Inverted Econor is really nice for half the money and they even made mine as requested with a bolt on scraper bar, which I adapted to Tivar. I ordered it last April and got it in September. I can't wait to try it out.

Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #3,072  
strictly speaking- i don't have the recommended horsepower either (jd 3720) but it works quite well and i like that i could go up a size in tractor and it will work well. Pronovost has rear push blowers with same size auger and fan that don't show the same hp requirement.
i think the reason for this is that the primary market for inverters is commercial and there is an expectation of fast blowing speed in that type of use.

I got a great deal on my blower i (spring leftover) so everything worked out

1 thing i have noticed is that the weight of the blower leaves the front pretty light so scraping with the bucket and blower raised means i end up steering with the brakes. Would love to add front weight but it looks like the loader blocks the mount

I am about to put some flow restrictors in the chute and diverter hydro lines because they are operating way too fast- have you noticed any issue with yours?

The snow box is a Grattex, I looked at a lot of snow boxes and Grattex seemed to have good design and my 6' box weighs in at 500#. The 6' scraper on the bottom is actually two 3 foot pieces and they are trip edges. View attachment 488911

I wanted the 74" Provonost, I just do not have the recommended pto horsepower. I have to say the 68" Inverted Econor is really nice for half the money and they even made mine as requested with a bolt on scraper bar, which I adapted to Tivar. I ordered it last April and got it in September. I can't wait to try it out.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,074  
strictly speaking- i don't have the recommended horsepower either (jd 3720) but it works quite well and i like that i could go up a size in tractor and it will work well. Pronovost has rear push blowers with same size auger and fan that don't show the same hp requirement.
i think the reason for this is that the primary market for inverters is commercial and there is an expectation of fast blowing speed in that type of use.

I got a great deal on my blower i (spring leftover) so everything worked out

1 thing i have noticed is that the weight of the blower leaves the front pretty light so scraping with the bucket and blower raised means i end up steering with the brakes. Would love to add front weight but it looks like the loader blocks the mount

I am about to put some flow restrictors in the chute and diverter hydro lines because they are operating way too fast- have you noticed any issue with yours?

I almost bought the pronovost and ignored the pto hp requirement because I am not in a race to get my work done. You bring up a good point I looked at too, the weight for the Pronovost with all accessories was about 1100#, the Econor is 595# plus about 150# for the back blade which makes it nicely balanced with my front end loader bucket or snow box. I have to say I am completely happy with the balance of my machine and the Econor blower, it is a very heavy duty blower.

I do have restrictors on the chute deflectors and they seem to work at the right speed, the chute rotators do not have restrictors, they work fine without them. We actually have 2 exact machines set-up identical, it is a lot easier with the rear blowers than the old front mount John Deeres we had, they took all day to set them up and we lost our loaders for the winter. The rears just hitch up to the Imatch, attach your hydraulic lines and your mostly good to go.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,075  
My Kubota L4850DT-W with 7' McKee blower. I got this in the summer of 2014 and we have almost no snow since. Last winter I built the cab.
I (kind of) hope we get some real snow this winter.

View attachment 488929

I can understand why. I hope you get burried in the white stuff. You are all set!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,076  
Let's blow some snow!
Kubota B3030 with Westbjørn snow blower.

Regards, Edward

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,077  
I'd love to see pics of the subframe. I am curious how other folks handle that design. Think snow!:thumbsup:

Have posted my fabrication of a subframe to mount a Western 7' plow on my 4300 before, but will add a pic again.

Also fabbed a wing plow from scratch, and it will mount either on right or left side. Lifts with a short chain around a three point lift arm.

No cab, but when windy just put on the snowmobile helmet and good to go. Faster than a blower, and a bit cheaper.

Attachments

• 100_1052 (Large).JPG
    100_1052 (Large).JPG
    177 KB · Views: 282
  • 100_1588.JPG
    100_1588.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 308
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #3,078  
Have posted my fabrication of a subframe to mount a Western 7' plow on my 4300 before, but will add a pic again.

Also fabbed a wing plow from scratch, and it will mount either on right or left side. Lifts with a short chain around a three point lift arm.

No cab, but when windy just put on the snowmobile helmet and good to go. Faster than a blower, and a bit cheaper.

Love the wing, how do you lift it?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,079  
Tractors 2016 171.JPG

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,080  
Love the wing, how do you lift it?

The wing plow has a telescoping push-arm that pins to the tractor drawbar. That push-arm has a short chain that attaches to the 3 ph lift arm and raising and lowering the 3 ph then adjusts the height of the wing blade. The front of the wing plow blade attaches to the FEL standard that stays bolted on the tractor and has a trailer ball coupling that it pivots on.

grnspot110
Your nice-looking rig looks very similar to the one I had on my 420 utility. Plowed with that for a good 20 years before getting the 4300.