PINE logs anyone?

/ PINE logs anyone? #111  
I had a bunch of pine trees that I cut. Most times I’d get a truck load together and they’d go to the mill to get turned into shavings/saw dust for animal bedding. Problem was when my cutting slowed down and I didn’t cut them fast enough to get a load. After a year (or two) they started to rot and were worth nothing.
My intent was to build a log cabin with them and set it on fire. That seemed too much trouble, and they were all 8’ long, so I stacked them Lincoln log style about 12’ high and:
IMG_1465.JPG

...if I’d turn them into lumber I could of bought a new tractor at today’s lumber prices!

/ PINE logs anyone? #112  
That fire would cook yer hot dogs and marshmallows!

/ PINE logs anyone? #114  
Post & beam builders often use pine here in Vermont because it takes stain so nicely but they love Doug fir for longer spans at smaller dimensions. If commercial builders are not interested perhaps the Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, YMCA camp or Habitat for Humanity would take them and give you a Charity Donation receipt. Those folks know how to use stuff or shame others into giving them cash for odd items. At least you get a clear landing and a warm feeling?