Pins Clips Not Standard?

/ Pins Clips Not Standard? #1  

CBB

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 5320N Vineyard, 1981 Deere 910, 1980 Kubota B22, 1983 Ford 1710
I have had a pin clip (a pin with the metal circle that flips over to keep the pin in) vibrate out of the pins that hold the bucket on my ck20. We have a number of the pin clips hanging on the wall of the barn we use with the Kubotas, Ford and JD. I'll be darned if those pins on the wall are a shade to fat to fit in the pin holes. I don't mind going to the dealer to buy some just for this one tractor but I found it odd and a bit idiotic. For now I just stuck a bolt and nut through to hold the pin in place. Am I missing something about the pin clip size?

/ Pins Clips Not Standard? #3  
I never gave that a thought that the size may be different. I was in my local TSC store a while back and they had a bin full at the checkout. I think they were only 10-15 cents each at the time so I picked up a dozen for spares, put some on each implement and extras in the tool box.

/ Pins Clips Not Standard?
Odd that only Kioti would choose to use this size. I like being able to use the same pins for any of the tractors.
Lots of pluses to the Kioti. This counts as a minor minus.
I will pick up some pins but won't hold my breath on the price being 15 cents each for hardened steel.

/ Pins Clips Not Standard? #5  
What do you think about drilling them out a super minor amount just to allow the fatty to fit? I was able to fit the standard non-metric 15 center in to the bucket holes on my 30 without drilling but it is a bit tighter than the OEM pins.

/ Pins Clips Not Standard? #6  
I doubt it would hurt to ummmm clean up the casting material off of the inside of the hole <wink>.

What we tell customers to do now is put the ones from the 3 point top link pin in their tool box and we give them extra ones to replace those.
That way they have at least 2 extras for the loader.

BTI

/ Pins Clips Not Standard? #7  
I had the samething happen to me, I just dilled the holes out to fit the larger pins. Then lost one of those! So now I "zip tie" the rings to the pins so they won't come open and fall out, I also do the "hair pins" on the underside of the tractor. had many weeds and brush yank these out!

/ Pins Clips Not Standard?
Great suggestions. Thanks. I will implement each.