Piranha Bar Success pine tree fail

/ Piranha Bar Success pine tree fail #1  

RoyKing

Platinum Member
Tractor
M7060HSC/18, RTV-X1100C
So today I put my piranha bar on my 84" bucket and went out and found a 4.5" 5" diameter pine tree. Put bucket on float with heel on the ground and bar up an inch, backed up about 2 feet then rolled forward into the tree with some momentum. Raised and curled and popped that pine out root and all. The bar caught it in the W shaped tooth and cut half way through.

Thank you all for talking into the piranha bar

/ Piranha Bar Success pine tree fail #2  
Hey, for some reason I remember your original post on getting a tooth bar. I was going to recommend the pirhana,I have two of them) but someone (lol) wrote following:

Like I've said not interested in Piranha bar, which is trying to make your bucket into root rake, for that I have wicked grapple. I interested in tooth bar for digging clay and removing flint rock that pops up in the clay.

So I let others comment to convince. Just kidding you from your old post!

Of course you may not have tried it in the clay and flint rock your referenced so the pine tree test may not be your final thought. But so far sounds like it was worth the long wait.

/ Piranha Bar Success pine tree fail
I want to clear area I let get over grown and its covered with small pine but are too big to be brushogged. This way I can pull them or cut them with the piranha and clean them out with grapple. Grapple will get tested next week, will try find one about the same size.

/ Piranha Bar Success pine tree fail #4  
Just got my piranha bar mounted and will be taking it to battle on a mix of saplings , downed brush , rocks & crap.

/ Piranha Bar Success pine tree fail #5  
Glad it did good for you.

My Piranha bar is a one off weld-on with a well used commercial long bottom bucket. M59 TL. Aggressively Wrestling a 36” oak stump (8-10’ root ball) managed bend the outside corners. The sides were worn back about 2”. Should have and will extend the side cutting edges. I don’t feel it was Piranha bar problem but my install.

/ Piranha Bar Success pine tree fail
PICTURE

Attachments

• PIRANHA.jpg
    PIRANHA.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 174
   / Piranha Bar Success pine tree fail #8  
I bought two items that have really made my life easier this year:

- Pats easy change
- Piranha tooth bar

Both have gotten a workout and really proven their worth. In fact the toothbar has already made me money and paid for itself digging up sod.