pittsburgh bottom plow

/ pittsburgh bottom plow #1  

Jimc295

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey GC1705, Kubota B7100
Anyone know about this plow. It could use some parts replaced but I cannot find anything on Pittsburgh plows online.

Attachments

• 1-20210424_163218.jpg
    1-20210424_163218.jpg
    777.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 1-20210424_163234 (1).jpg
    1-20210424_163234 (1).jpg
    833.2 KB · Views: 160
   / pittsburgh bottom plow #2  
We just sold one which had belonged to my father. I believe that they are now this company Taylor Pittsburgh as the result of a merger. I don't see that they carry plows any more though.
Depending on what you need, agri supply is a good place to find replacement parts. Plowshares | Agri Supply

/ pittsburgh bottom plow
I am finding some information on Taylor Pittsburgh but very little to nothing on a single bottom plow. so far I also have not found a matching plow share it has a 3 hole pattern with the front 2 holes close together. I've always heard once on the internet it is always there but I can not find anything on this plow. the share measures 12 inches and that complicates it even more. If anyone could identify the plow by model # that might help me find a substitute. I am gonna start cleaning it up so I'll post more pics later.

/ pittsburgh bottom plow #4  
It's probably a copy of an old Massey or Ford/Dearborn. You can take measurements of all of the bolt holes and spacings, there are plenty of suppliers that offer that data readily on their websites.

I found this image, states the 12" is 3 hole

full-25419-292709-screenshot_20210427_193042_424.png

Last edited:
   / pittsburgh bottom plow #5  
Found this on Facebook Marketplace just a few minutes ago

/ pittsburgh bottom plow #6  
That is EXACTLY the same single bottom moldboard plow as I have. Mine is an 18" model, purchased new in '83. The plow still has the product info sticker on it. There is NO model # indicated.

Pittsburgh Implement Division of the Pittsburgh Forging Co. Serial # 132925

Years ago I looked for the Pittsburgh Forging Co - I think it's now called - AMPCO Pittsburgh Corp.

It's too heavy to man handle. So....this is the only picture I have of it. Weeds are pretty much covering the share. I mainly use it to cut drainage ditches. It's a real beast at turning the soil. Especially with the Kubota M6040. If you want added pictures, let me know. I could easily clear the weeds for added pics.
IMG_0011.jpeg

/ pittsburgh bottom plow
That is EXACTLY the same single bottom moldboard plow as I have. Mine is an 18" model, purchased new in '83. The plow still has the product info sticker on it. There is NO model # indicated.

Pittsburgh Implement Division of the Pittsburgh Forging Co. Serial # 132925

Years ago I looked for the Pittsburgh Forging Co - I think it's now called - AMPCO Pittsburgh Corp.

It's too heavy to man handle. So....this is the only picture I have of it. Weeds are pretty much covering the share. I mainly use it to cut drainage ditches. It's a real beast at turning the soil. Especially with the Kubota M6040. If you want added pictures, let me know. I could easily clear the weeds for added pics.View attachment 696388
Well this helps. I just added a new post with some new info. I removed the share and it had Star MF co stamped in the back of it and numbers HS 111 I think the stamping was light and rust has obliterated some of the letters.

/ pittsburgh bottom plow
What I am looking for is very very close to the Oliver/White 0 12-3

1619575970651.png