Play in SSQA frame to loader normal?

/ Play in SSQA frame to loader normal? #1  

Jboyorak

Tractor
GC1723EB
I have about 1/16" of play between the pins and the SSQA frame on my FL1805 loader. There also is a little bit of play in the curl cylinders, probably about 1/4-1/2". Is this normal? I attached a picture of the space between the SSQA and FEL pins.

ssqa.jpg

/ Play in SSQA frame to loader normal? #3  
Is that tractor and loader new?

Looks like they didn't weld any bosses to give more area for the pin to spread the forces and are only relying on the thickness of the plate. It will get worse over time and it will happen on the other pins as well.

Unfortunately manufacturers tend to skip welding bosses on the loaders for SCUTs for some reason.

/ Play in SSQA frame to loader normal?
Is that tractor and loader new?

Looks like they didn't weld any bosses to give more area for the pin to spread the forces and are only relying on the thickness of the plate. It will get worse over time and it will happen on the other pins as well.

Unfortunately manufacturers tend to skip welding bosses on the loaders for SCUTs for some reason.

Yup, brand new as a month ago.

/ Play in SSQA frame to loader normal? #5  
Yup, brand new as a month ago.

Time to contact the dealer and see what he says and do about that. It's indeed not acceptable on a brand new tractor.

Time to contact the dealer and see what he says and do about that. It's indeed not acceptable on a brand new tractor.

For sure am! A tech is suppose to be out to replaced one of my backhoe joysticks Thursday, I will make sure it's on the agenda to look at that.

I don't think I caused this, but it could be user error. I have been a bit rough on it. Put about 100 hours and moved about 100 yards of dirt. I didn't think it would be so fragile.

I just went out to double check. Both pins on the front have about the same play. Also, this is how much the cylinder moves when pressurized.
20200526_191018.jpg20200526_191021.jpg20200526_191220.jpg20200526_191223.jpg

/ Play in SSQA frame to loader normal? #8  
My buddies industrial backhoe has that much space between the pin & bushing in places. Of course it's 50 years old, so it has some excuses for having slop you can almost jam a finger between on some joints. Not acceptable for a new machine though.

/ Play in SSQA frame to loader normal? #9  
Im sorry to say this but you have a light duty machine not meant to do HD ground engagement work. You are putting tons of force on a strong hardened pin pushing on a tiny thin piece of 1/4 inch metal with no bushings. Something is going to give. You are expecting way too much out of a machine not designed to do the work you are trying to do. That machine is designed like a powered wheelbarrow, not an earth mover.