Please Read If You Are A Newbie Tractor Buyer

/ Please Read If You Are A Newbie Tractor Buyer #21  
I would disagree that that paying for options at time of sale costs more.
It is cheaper to get those heated/cooled seats (substitute whatever you want here) installed at the factory than to buy a "plain Jane" and then order the seats from the parts dept. and have them remove the existing and install the new.
I read it as attachments, but your point is valid. I think personally anything "factory" should be ordered at time of sale. Attachments can be purchased after sale with no probs.

/ Please Read If You Are A Newbie Tractor Buyer
I would disagree that that paying for options at time of sale costs more.
It is cheaper to get those heated/cooled seats (substitute whatever you want here) installed at the factory than to buy a "plain Jane" and then order the seats from the parts dept. and have them remove the existing and install the new.
Most options on tractors these days are dealer installed. In fact you can't even get prices on a lot of the options on the manufacturers websites without going through a dealer. About the only thing that's not dealer installed is the cabs.

/ Please Read If You Are A Newbie Tractor Buyer #23  
That would depend if you are ordering a new tractor or if you are taking one off the lot and having the dealer add to it for you.
What are we talking about, more remotes, third function, power shuttle, tires, grapple instead of bucket??
There aren't really too many "options" with tractors.

/ Please Read If You Are A Newbie Tractor Buyer #24  
"No discounts on options? ...... I seriously disagree!

when I was buying my tractor, the 2 rear remotes were discounted 40% vs retail if they were added later. This was negotiated during the initial process.

My BH was also discounted 40% at the time of initial negotiations.

My PHD / auger and box blade were discounted 30%.

My dealer also split the $1500 delivery fee with me. He actually ended up paying more than I did ($950 vs $750) because all the transport companies were bidding higher than he expected.

/ Please Read If You Are A Newbie Tractor Buyer #25  
In regards to the tractor world I think what you're saying is the time horizon is what determines the rate percentage that the consumer will be paying.
No, what I am saying for all loans is that you pay more if you have a bad credit history. The only time related issue is our current economic situation has made negotiations tougher for consumers. That is about to change as we dive into recession.

Also saying that for individuals, zero percent is very much a thing. It is disingenuous to say it is built into the cost, because that is true about all advertising expenses and whether you pay cash, trade or use credit.

/ Please Read If You Are A Newbie Tractor Buyer #26  
There is no perfect tractor or brand. I think the closest to perfect any tractor ever came was the old Fords. To answer your question, I am in the middle of buying a tractor now.
So you put up a tractor buying how to but haven't bought the tractor yet:)

/ Please Read If You Are A Newbie Tractor Buyer #28  
I almost never consider sale/resale/trade-in value as I almost never buy anything with the intention or even vague thought of ever selling it. I buy it to use it and I usually use it until it dies and has no value beyond scrap.

In a discussion regarding new tractor buyers, I strongly disagree.

A new tractor buyer, even with thorough research and due diligence can still make the wrong tractor purchase (typically buying too small). I’ve read about these mistakes TONS of times. Heck, I’m a casualty myself…I initially bought too small.

Had I not bought a ‘popular’ first tractor, I wouldn’t have recovered 95% of my original purchase price within one year of ownership. Had I not committed to the first buyer over the phone, and waited for the second guy with cash, I would have got 105% of the purchase price. I may have received even more, if I was more patient.

I’m my opinion, resale value matters…especially first first time buyers.

Mike

/ Please Read If You Are A Newbie Tractor Buyer
Yes, he is still researching....
I have actually finished the research and are in negotiations with two dealers right now. I just hope I'm not kicking myself next year for buying it this year.

Last edited:
   / Please Read If You Are A Newbie Tractor Buyer #30  
I just hope I'm not kicking myself next year for buying it this year.

If you're able to make use of it this year (and enjoy it), then there's no point in kicking yourself.

There will always be a "more optimal" path in life. Best you can do is make decisions based on your current needs and the information in front of you!