Plow truck takes on ditch ;-)

/ Plow truck takes on ditch ;-) #1  

RADIUM

Gold Member
Tractor
NEW HOLLAND 2420
Arriving home from work early today I found my brothers field truck somewhere it shouldn't be in my ditch. Being a good Samaritan and having a good laugh, I figured one good yank and he'd be out I was quite mistaken. The front differential was acting like a stop every time we tried to pull him out it would hit the side of the ditch and I would just spin, rather than risking any more damage to the truck not that it matters ;-) I decided to try using the front end loader to lift it up and push it out from the other side. This little mule always astonishes me at what it can lift, with the weight of his plow and the eight cylinder engine and having a solid front axle 80s truck I really thought my hydraulic relief valve would blow, to my surprise the tractor lifted him right up at idle and I pushed him out of the ditch. It's just one of the many incredible things a tractor is good for especially with stupid family members around take care

Attachments

• truck1.jpg
    truck1.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 676
   / Plow truck takes on ditch ;-) #2  
Nothing better than a happy ending... :thumbsup: Looks like "fun"... snow is the reason I'm at a computer instead of my place in the mountains :eek: to say I have tractor envy... is an under statement.

/ Plow truck takes on ditch ;-) #3  
What, you didn't thank him? Wow, ungrateful...he he
Jim

/ Plow truck takes on ditch ;-) #4  
Why was your brother plowing the field? That has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. I'm sure he will not live this one down for many years to come I know I wouldn't let my brother. I hope he was all right? Sincerely Robert Farm Hill Road

/ Plow truck takes on ditch ;-)
He was plowing a path to round bales for his cows, his old tractor like his truck is falling apart and will not go in the snow 2 Wheel drive not to mention the tires are completely bald, but that's another story he's just cheap. Apparently there was a little more damage to his truck then he thought he broke the radiator and crack the leaf spring I guess he'll finally retire the old beast and just get himself a new tractor or at least buy some new tires LOL. Whatever he does he better hurry up it's snowing again today and I'm tired of lending him my tractor brotherly love goes only so far diesels expensive ;-) Take care

/ Plow truck takes on ditch ;-) #6  
Hey, I've got a truck just like that one (87 Ford f-150 w/topper). In the summer it has all sorts of vegitation growing out of it so we call it a "4 wheel planter".