Pls Recommend Mowing Solution for 10 Acre Rural Residential

/ Pls Recommend Mowing Solution for 10 Acre Rural Residential #11  
My 60" Exmark ZT will mow at 9 mph.
Get one with a suspension seat

/ Pls Recommend Mowing Solution for 10 Acre Rural Residential #12  
Some good ideas here. 10 acres is too big for a doggone lawn. Pasture, hay, just rough mow with an RC once or twice a year.
I read it as he has 10 acres, 7 acres mowable

/ Pls Recommend Mowing Solution for 10 Acre Rural Residential #13  
One of these. Itll knock out 7 acres of grass in 2+ hours and get close to fences & trees. It’ll do a great job and last a long time. 72” cut and it’ll cut as fast as you can hold on.
Ask me how I know.

1662940968074.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Pls Recommend Mowing Solution for 10 Acre Rural Residential #14  
I mowed our 8 acre lawn for years with a 35HP tractor with an 84" rear finish mower.
Took me around 3 1/4 hours to mow.
2013 I got a commercial grade zero turn, 35 HP with 72" deck (the thing will mow at 14 mph) and cut my mowing time to just over 2 hours

/ Pls Recommend Mowing Solution for 10 Acre Rural Residential #15  
This 12' mower works for me.
TBW144.jpg

/ Pls Recommend Mowing Solution for 10 Acre Rural Residential #16  
Between my yard and my daughters across the road i mow at least 7 acres every week with my bad boy zt 60 in cut, takes about 5 hrs total. usually do it over several days after work.

/ Pls Recommend Mowing Solution for 10 Acre Rural Residential #17  
I use some combination of a 60” Lazer, a 90” 3PT finish mower or 16’ pull behind mower on a Kubota L6060.
The Lazer is hands down the best for trimming and negotiating tight spaces. The 16 foot pull behind is the best for the wide open spaces. The 90” is not the best at anything. The Lazer is the only machine that could do it all, being able to go along fence lines, and around trees and buildings. The L6060 with a cab is the most comfortable with climate control and a stereo.

So it really depends on your priorities, the Zero turn is a one trick pony, but it does that trick very well. A tractor and a big pull behind will save time, but you will still need something to get the edges. It’s nice if your budget can handle it, but the ZTR will do the job, and has a lot less tires and grease fittings……

IMG_6127.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8654.jpg
    IMG_8654.jpg
    931.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Good Post
Reactions: bgr
   / Pls Recommend Mowing Solution for 10 Acre Rural Residential #18  
if your present tractor is in good shape keep it. And buy one of the 5 foot tag behind mowers such as a Swisher. You’ll have less than $4000 invested in it. And will cut your mowing time in half.

if you set it upright you could trim pretty well with the tag behind. And for what you can’t get with it you can drop it and finish mowing with just the tractor.

I wouldn’t want to bounce around on 7 acres on a zero turn mower. I much prefer the ride of a tractor and a little slower pace.

/ Pls Recommend Mowing Solution for 10 Acre Rural Residential #19  
A batwing finish mower would be the fastest solution but without a bigger tractor that’s not really a viable option. I don’t think you’d really save that much time over a zero turn anyway. A 72” zero turn mower would be my pick or they make even wider zero turns if you wanted.

/ Pls Recommend Mowing Solution for 10 Acre Rural Residential #20  
Personally I'd sell and move to a place with less lawn.
If you fence it in you could call it a "horse farm" and sell it for more money.

If you are independently wealthy and retired and hate baby seals and whales buy a little ride on mower and do a Forest Gump.