Plumbing advice

/ Plumbing advice #1  

TNhobbyfarmer

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3430 Polaris Ranger 500
My grandson flushed a toilet at my house and dropped his sunglasses in simultaneously. They are smallish sunglasses, he's only 6. Well they're gone, and subsequent flushes indicate they're hung in the line, water backup. What would be my best course of action? Will a plumber try to retrieve them or push them on through? I'd like to resolve this problem myself, but will call a plumber if need be.

/ Plumbing advice #2  
If u remove the toilet I bet you’ll find them hung up in “p” trap of the toilet. But I think the only way you will be able to retrieve them is from the other side. Make sure u have a new wax ring on hand so that u can immediately reinstall the toilet.

/ Plumbing advice #3  
I think I would fashion a hook on one end of a straightened coat hanger and carefully go “fishin”. Good luck

/ Plumbing advice
If u remove the toilet I bet you’ll find them hung up in “p” trap of the toilet. But I think the only way you will be able to retrieve them is from the other side. Make sure u have a new wax ring on hand so that u can immediately reinstall the toilet.
What do you mean by "other side"?

/ Plumbing advice #6  
What do you mean by "other side"?

After the toilet is removed and it is put on its side u will be able to see the “exit” of the toilet. This “exit” is what I refer to as the other side.

/ Plumbing advice #7  

This is what we’d do. Pull the toilet and push them back into the bowl. I’ve seen this a time or two....

/ Plumbing advice #8  
I retrieved the entire set of toy sized pool balls from our floor drain,,
I used a spiral snake that connects to an electric drill.

I would power screw the snake into the pipe, the bulged end was just correctly sized to get past the ball,, then I could slowly pull it back.
A couple times I got more than one ball.

The balls were placed down the drain by the previous owners son,, is my guess.

GEE,, the floor drain worked much better after the set of balls were removed!! :thumbsup:

:laughing:

/ Plumbing advice #9  
Unfortunately anything “snake” like that is put down the toilet through the bowl will mark up the toilet bowl and will likely damage it. Unless it’s a closet auger.

/ Plumbing advice #10  
I am in the camp of pull the toilet and flush from back side. I have retrieved flashlight and tp holder this way