Polaris hot hand grips

/ Polaris hot hand grips #1  

DrRod

Platinum Member
Ellicott City, MD - Farm in Orbisonia PA (south ce
Tractor
John Deere 4110
I have a 2005 Sportsman 500. I bought it used and it has obviously been rode hard and put away wet. We went out for a ride and my friend [wearing leather work gloves] says, "hey, these hand grips are really hot." I checked and he was right. The handle bars were fine, the rest of the dash area stuff was fine, but the hand grips were really hot. I find this really puzzling. Can you think of what might be the cause of this?

/ Polaris hot hand grips #2  
Heated grips.. Do you have them?? I did on all the machines I've used.

Last edited:
   / Polaris hot hand grips #4  
there are wires literally coming out of them....

/ Polaris hot hand grips
There is a three-position toggle switch that isn't labeled -- maybe that's it. I'll check that and the wires tomorrow. Thanks so much for you suggestions.

/ Polaris hot hand grips #7  
If it has 2x or 3x ~ lines, Off, then 1x ~ line, that'll be it.

/ Polaris hot hand grips #8  
There is a three-position toggle switch that isn't labeled -- maybe that's it. I'll check that and the wires tomorrow. Thanks so much for you suggestions.
Thats the handwarmer switch, if it has a second switch, it will have a thumb warmer.

Time to do a full service on it, especially the front diff.

/ Polaris hot hand grips #9  
My wife's last car had heated seats and I'd turn them on by accident and didn't know how to turn them off. This made for a few uncomfortable runs to the store on hot nights.

/ Polaris hot hand grips #10  
I had heated grips on my two BMW motorcycles. There was a toggle switch - off, low, high. I almost opted for a heated vest. However - when it's cold enough for the heated vest - the roads usually had a coating of ice or snow.

Along with a heated steering wheel, the Taco Wagon has a heated or cooled drivers seat. Never used the seat controls. Heated steering wheel is nice.