Polaris Ranger 500

/ Polaris Ranger 500 #1  

TNhobbyfarmer

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3430 Polaris Ranger 500
I have an almost new Polaris Ranger 500. Someone stole the battery, cut the cables grrr. I put new terminals on the cables and put in a new battery. Hooked up the hot wire and as soon as I touched the ground to the battery the starter engaged. The switch was in the off position. Removed the key and tried again. Same thing, starter started turning over, as if it was hot wired. Any ideas what is going on? Maybe the solonoid not functioning? Do you think the solonoi d maybe got fried when the cables were cut? Would you just put in a new solonoid to see if that corrects the problem?

/ Polaris Ranger 500 #2  
At least they didn’t take the whole machine! See if you can find a wiring diagram for it,sounds like they may have skipped off with a little more than the battery.

/ Polaris Ranger 500 #3  
That does sound a lot like a shorted out solenoid. Do you have an ohmmeter? (If not, I highly recommend picking up some FREE ones from Harbor Freight when they have them). If so, check across the two large terminals and see if there is continuity (very low ohms). If that is the case, it somehow got shorted during the theft.

Sorry you got robbed. Methheads are a big problem.