Pole barn drainage questions

/ Pole barn drainage questions #11  
When you backfill over the drain lines, avoid pea gravel. It will quickly plug with sediment. Use 2" washed drain rock, like they use in septic systems. Your contractor may be right about the retaining wall interrupting surface runoff. One drain on the uphill side of the retaining wall and a second on the downhill side, plus gutters if practicable.

/ Pole barn drainage questions
So… high school teacher here, and I'm back at my summer projects. We are in East/Central PA, home of Yuengling Beer (if any of you drink that). We see what I would consider normal amounts of rain. The gutters are now on as are the snow guards. The north side has 2 drop outlets that drain away from the building to the southwest. The large porch and south side go to 2 drop outlets - one already has a drain - the other is getting it this summer. Those drains go to the southeast & southwest. So, we are getting water away from the barn except for one place: the northeast corner with the roughly 3' drop off. Except for that one spot, the grass eats up the water coming down from the house. Your responses are greatly appreciated!