Loader Pole saw

/ Pole saw #1  

Smokeydog

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, M59, M5030DT
Like many I use my tractor grapples often to help keep up my property. Recent EF0 tornado bounced around and left us much tree damage. Several piles and over 100 trips to one gully. Lots of trees and tree tops that need to be cut up into manageable pieces. A lot of cut, clear and repeat. When you manage to get a grapple load sometimes it needs trimmed to transport.

I have a long manual polesaw that will extend to 24’. Nice upper body workout.
Bought this to try.

DEWALT 20V MAX XR Pole Saw, 15-Foot Reach (DCPS620M1) Amazon.com : DEWALT 2V MAX XR Pole Saw, 15-Foot Reach (DCPS62M1) : Garden & Outdoor

Surprised how powerful and quick it cuts. I can carry it on the tractor to quickly make cuts when needed. Being able to reach in and make cuts on tops sure beats using my big saw. Cutting small stuff is quick. Any work multiplier is welcome. It’s not a commercial grade but so far been rugged enough. Surprised how long the battery lasts. Makes trimming and pruning much easier. Usually use just two pole sections clearing adding the third to reach high cuts. Enjoy it being quiet and easy to use. Nice tool for grapple work.