Portable work benches?

/ Portable work benches? #31  
I like this style of saw horse from toughbuilt They are rated at 1300 lb each or 2600 lb per pair and you can put a couple of 2 x 4 in the clamps and throw a sheet of plywood on and make a table. Plus the legs fold down into the top "box" to take up less space for storage or for transporting in the pickup.

Danno
That's exactly what I do. (y) On mine, the height is adjustable too. I have a ~500lb. back blade sitting on mine at the moment. They're sturdy as a rock.

/ Portable work benches? #32  
   / Portable work benches? #33  
I use a pallet topped with 2x10's clamped to the FEL forks. Easily moves to wherever it's needed and the height & angle can be adjusted to a comfortable level.

/ Portable work benches? #34  
Mine is made of scrap lumber and is portable.......sorta......

Cheers,
Mike

Attachments

• 1100.JPG
    1100.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 77
  • 1103.JPG
    1103.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 73
   / Portable work benches? #35  
Now that I have a saw mill I'm starting to do more projects around my cabin. Put new rails on the porch last weekend. Planning a carport soon.

I have two old Black and Decker Workmates. One was a gift. One was my Dad's. They have been okay for simple projects but really don't cut the mustard for any serious work. Plus, all of the plastic parts have failed so they're a real pain to work with now.

Looking for recommendations for a better alternative.

I suppose most of what I'll be doing with them would fall under carpentry. Sawing. Electric hand plane. Bench top planer etc. After the carport my next big project will be a 40x30ish shop on a concrete slab. Those are the sorts of things I'll need it for.

Of course I can and will put together some saw horses. The reason I'm looking for a workbench is that I do a lot, probably most, of my work alone. It is nice to have a bench that I can easily clamp things into.

Any recommendations or experience much appreciated.
I have an old shed door made out of 1x4 and plywood for a workbench, and I use two heavy duty folding galvanized metal sawhorses. I also have an old Agrifab metal wagon that I load whatever tools I need into, and pull with an old four wheeler. Works great. You do have to screw a 2x4 to the top of these sawhorses to make them more better. I've been using this style of sawhorse for many years, they fold up fairly small, and are fairly lightweight yet heavy duty enough to handle quite a bit of weight.

1656772227218.png

/ Portable work benches? #36  
A 2x4 on top makes them more rigid and protects the metal from saw cuts. They fold up and store easily, too.

/ Portable work benches? #37  
A 2x4 on top makes them more rigid and protects the metal from saw cuts. They fold up and store easily, too.
Yep, 2x4 is a must. They even come with pre-punched holes to make it easier to install.