Possible DEF shortages

/ Possible DEF shortages #102  
   / Possible DEF shortages #103  
I agree, with that, but the reason is a bit deeper. Americans want things cheap is because their wages are not keeping up with the cost of living.
Americans want things cheap so they can buy more stuff.
But yet you shop at walmart where made in china and self-checkouts reign?
"Made in China" reigns at most stores these days. Judging by the length of the "Harbor Freight Tools That Don't Suck" thread, lots of TBNers shop there too, lotsa luck finding anything American made there.

Curiously, what's your problem with self checkout? I like it.

/ Possible DEF shortages #104  
My analogies rarely work but I'll try.

So you hire someone to put up guttering on your house at a pre-determined cost. They install the guttering but leave the yard a mess. They expect you to clean it up. Is that okay?

/ Possible DEF shortages #105  
It's right next to the toilet paper.

/ Possible DEF shortages #106  
I refuse to use them and have at least 3 issues
1) no employee needed
2) there are certain segments of our society that rely on these types of jobs. 3 come to mind; There are seniors that can use a little extra in their check, there are the never went to college or trade school and the disabled.
3) when they dont work, what happens?

Being a cashier may not be a living wage, but it can be part of a lifeline. I think retail corporations use “no good help” as an excuse to reduce their bottom line rather than shifting their models to accommodate. But why should they when Joe/Suzy Q Public continues to patronize them?

/ Possible DEF shortages #107  
I refuse to use them and have at least 3 issues
1) no employee needed
2) there are certain segments of our society that rely on these types of jobs. 3 come to mind; There are seniors that can use a little extra in their check, there are the never went to college or trade school and the disabled.
3) when they dont work, what happens?

Being a cashier may not be a living wage, but it can be part of a lifeline. I think retail corporations use “no good help” as an excuse to reduce their bottom line rather than shifting their models to accommodate. But why should they when Joe/Suzy Q Public continues to patronize them?

Good reasons all. Thanks for posting. You've made at least one convert.
rScotty

/ Possible DEF shortages #108  
Good reasons all. Thanks for posting. You've made at least one convert.
rScotty
Most grocery stores in my area are union. Those cashier jobs are very good paying for what amounts to unskilled labor! And yes, a good living. I don't use the slf checkouts because every one of them amounts to an American worker unemployed.