Post hole digger stand

/ Post hole digger stand #81  
That's simple enough to make and should fold up nice for storage or just getting it out of the way. Thanks for posting the pic, Tom. I believe you now Lol! ;)

/ Post hole digger stand #82  
That's what I did with mine, and for the same reason. When I got it, I hung it by a chain hoist from a tree limb. I had every intention of making a mobile stand on wheels to roll it around but .......?????? Anyway, hooking it up when hanging is so easy that I left it there. The only drawback is that it is outside in the weather but it is sheltered to some extent by the tree.

Mine's basically the same except I used a kid's swing set frame - just got a chain & hook hanging down to hang it with - welded a 1/2 loop of 1/4"HRS rod to the balance point on the phd's boom

Last edited:
   / Post hole digger stand #83  
I saw a pretty sweet stand at an upcoming auction, I plan to bid on this setup.

PHD Stand 2.jpgPHD Stand 1.jpgPHD Stand 3.jpg

/ Post hole digger stand #86  
Here is mine.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    698.8 KB · Views: 813
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    536.5 KB · Views: 464
   / Post hole digger stand #87  
Thanks, Japody. I have fun with it - good place to keep a record of my projects and things!

/ Post hole digger stand #88  
Kebo, did you build one like this. I'd like to know the dimensions as I'm going to build one similar to it. I'll have mine on castors as well but need to know the minimum width of the structure so it won't tip over.

Thanks,
Larry

/ Post hole digger stand #90  
If I can get a picture to post from my phone. My setup allows me to backup to my PHD and hookup easily.
Microsoft services