Post puller….

/ Post puller…. #11  
I have the post puller from Titan, I bought it used, for a bargain price of $400 I think.
I normally never recommend Titan attachments, because I would always rather buy made in the USA products when possible.
That said, I used the post puller on the back of a MF2706e with a 3point to SSQA adapter, and pulled out some pretty big trees with it.
The puller is stronger than the tractor.
Grip the tree, lift a bit on the 3 point rock it back, drive forward, pull it out.
Keep a grapple on the loader to pile them all up.

/ Post puller…. #12  
I also have a post puller from Titan, find it works well on the front of my Kubota L4701 -- I last pulled a series of 1" trees up, capturing several at a time as they were close together, worked great. Haven't tried much larger yet, as it's fairly new. Planning to pull out a large number of Redbuds on the property soon.

/ Post puller…. #13  
I pulled about that many trees couple years ago with chains and my L5740 FEL. The trees were bigger, up to about 10” diameter. It was a lot of work. After, I hired a guy with a larger excavator (37,000 lbs machine) to move rocks in that area and flatten it somewhat. The rocks were up to about 15,000 lbs. He did the whole job in under 5 hours at $135 per hour. If I did something like that again, I would cut the trees down and hire him again to pull the stumps. It would take him no effort with a thumb on the bucket. Having the right size machine for the job makes a huge difference.

Attachments

• F00ABAD8-F73A-428B-9D58-10F184FB5AA1.jpeg
    F00ABAD8-F73A-428B-9D58-10F184FB5AA1.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 119
   / Post puller…. #14  
I pulled about that many trees couple years ago with chains and my L5740 FEL. The trees were bigger, up to about 10” diameter. It was a lot of work. After, I hired a guy with a larger excavator (37,000 lbs machine) to move rocks in that area and flatten it somewhat. The rocks were up to about 15,000 lbs. He did the whole job in under 5 hours at $135 per hour. If I did something like that again, I would cut the trees down and hire him again to pull the stumps. It would take him no effort with a thumb on the bucket. Having the right size machine for the job makes a huge difference.

Now that's a big rock! In granite or sandstone...doesn't really matter. A 15,000 lb rock is roughly the size of a living room sofa. Naturally rounded boulders are pricy landscape items. If you have a local market, a couple of rocks that size can easily repay the cost of the excavator time.
rScotty

/ Post puller…. #15  
Yes, they are granite and mostly rounded. The cost of loading and transportation to the market that is willing to pay is high. Where they are located, everyone has abundance of them courtesy to the last big glacier. I had him push them to the low end to create a retaining wall of sorts. Some got away from him and rolled down the slope.

/ Post puller…. #16  
Agree with Goose1776 assessment. I put it on my fel on the 62hp Ford and it will nearly pop the front tires. Very strong. The 3pt ssqa adapter makes it really powerful.

/ Post puller…. #17  
I have one on my Kioti Ck3510. Works fine on small stuff- in my case of heavy clay soil 3” about the max. Grab on and rock back and forth then pull

/ Post puller…. #18  
Have the STP25 with pusher bar attached. Trees vary but 3-4" is good on an MX5200 with loaded tires and an implement hanging for ballast. When doing a lot of little trees, grab one, then grab another and keep going till the teeth are full. Works good as long as you aren't coming out with a huge root ball for each.

/ Post puller…. #19  
This worked for me one time. Cut the tree down leaving a 5 foot or so stump. Tie a chain around the stump near the top. Hook up to a 4WD tractor or truck and pull. The leverage of the tall stump will pull the roots up.
Not elegant, but low cost!