Post your Branson at work. Picture thread

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #91  
It is a mix of red fir and white fir. The white fir isn't all that great of firewood. It isn't very dense and burns quickly. Good for warming the house quickly. Red fir is a great wood for fireplaces. Burns clean and slow. It is indeed straight enough to make some nice lumber if one had the right equipment.... but then I wouldn't have any firewood. The short big round log behind the splitter is cedar. It would make great furniture lumber, but it is going to be kindling instead.

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #93  
While it isn’t working, it’s about to hit the road to head home from the dealer. Lots of work to do once it gets there.

5EB5307F-4DEA-4112-959E-03B5DF120E55.jpeg

Attachments

• 3F5C6AB5-9A7D-49DA-9B66-A77D377EF6FE.jpeg
    3F5C6AB5-9A7D-49DA-9B66-A77D377EF6FE.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 70
   / Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #95  
Nice tractor.

What work is getting done at the dealership?
Thanks!

It wasn’t at the dealer for work. I had just purchased it and was taking it home. Along with the few attachments I got. You can see the 70" tiller in the back of the truck, and the loader bucket is strapped to the forks.

It has 28 hours on it now. So far so good. Have a couple of minor repairs to make. Climbing in to the cab I stomped my foot on the step to knock some mud off my boot and one of the welds broke at the top left bracket where the step is bolted to the tractor. I also have a torn dust boot on the left-side tie-rod assembly from the extensive sagebrush clearing I have done.

I also found a black piece of U-shaped tubing on the ground underneath the tractor one morning. It’s about 1/8" in diameter, and has a piece of foam filter in the bend. Haven’t been able to determine where it came from yet.

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #97  
I think she is brand new, heading home for the first time.

That 4820 is a real nice machine, have fun!

Thanks! And yep, she was as new as a shiny freshly forged penny. Had to wait about a month for the dealer to receive it off the ship. Then it spent a week getting assembled and prepped at the dealer after they received it.

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #99  
Thanks!

It wasn’t at the dealer for work. I had just purchased it and was taking it home. Along with the few attachments I got. You can see the 70" tiller in the back of the truck, and the loader bucket is strapped to the forks.

It has 28 hours on it now. So far so good. Have a couple of minor repairs to make. Climbing in to the cab I stomped my foot on the step to knock some mud off my boot and one of the welds broke at the top left bracket where the step is bolted to the tractor. I also have a torn dust boot on the left-side tie-rod assembly from the extensive sagebrush clearing I have done.

I also found a black piece of U-shaped tubing on the ground underneath the tractor one morning. It’s about 1/8" in diameter, and has a piece of foam filter in the bend. Haven’t been able to determine where it came from yet.
U shaped tubing with a foam filter could be your fuel tank vent hose.
Without it could get dirt and water in to the tank

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #100  
U shaped tubing with a foam filter could be your fuel tank vent hose.
Without it could get dirt and water in to the tank

Didn't think about that. I will take a look. Thank you!