Power beyond to control extra remotes

/ Power beyond to control extra remotes #1  

elginfarm

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4400
Hello TBN'ers,
I have a power beyond setup on my tractor to power the backhoe. When the backhoe is not attached, could I run the power beyond hydraulic loop through a set of valves to power two other remotes?
I would not need the remotes when the BH is attached, so that would not be an issue.
Any thoughts or recommendations the the issue would be appreciated.
Thanks,
elginfarm

/ Power beyond to control extra remotes #2  
Depends on what type of power beyond setup you have.... some have just 2 ports / hoses, some have 3. The type with 3 usually requires that 1 hose has to be reconnected back to a port when the BH is not in use. This type is a little more complicated to hook up valves, but can be done. A little trickier because there is a power in, power beyond, and a return to tank.

The 2 hose/ port setup is very easy to add an open center valve block in-line. A simple in and out... the flow continues as power beyond after the valve, you are just diverting the flow when using the valve. The flow usually continues to the 3 point setup, which is last in line.

/ Power beyond to control extra remotes #3  
That is exactly how I installed my rear remotes. Assuming it is the same ad a Kubota, you only have 2 lines to the backhoe. They would be the input and power beyond lines for your new valves. Your new valves will also require a line to tank. In my case, I Teed into the same port my loader valve uses for tank. My loader used an elbow on the tank line, so I replaced that line with a straight line and used a Tee fitting to attach the new valve tank line. Now, if your backhoe has 3 lines, just use them as is.

/ Power beyond to control extra remotes
The tractor is a John Deere 4052. i don't have it yet, but I believe that there are two connections. One to power the backhoe and a return line. The aftermarket SCV's that I have looked at have 4 ports. Two of them are the work ports which would be the loop to and from the power beyond and two ports which which would control the cylinder. Where is the third, or return line?
Please excuse my lack of knowledge in this area as my hydraulics education is limited.
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

/ Power beyond to control extra remotes #5  
Post a link to your valve. Most have a tank line. Also most require you to purchase a power beyond sleeve as a separate part. Also make sure to match flow rate to the tractor specs. Work ports control the "work". i.e. the cylinder.

/ Power beyond to control extra remotes
The valves I have been looking at are from Surplus center, and I have not taken delivery of the tractor yet. I will follow up then. Thank you!